Beginner Sprint Triathlon

Options
In the interest of mixing up my fitness routine, I decided to sign up and train for a sprint triathlon. I been a long time casual runner and weight lifter, but this seem like a really exciting change of pace. Anyone with tri experience please feel free to offer any tips. I've been reading, watching videos, and asking for guidance from my contacts who've done triathlons. I've been really enjoying the training and am getting very stoked for race day.

Replies

• sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I want to hear some tips too!

I've decided to sign up and train for a sprint length triathlon as a sort of last hurrah before I try to get pregnant again. I considered trying a half marathon but I don't really like running all that much, at least not enough for a 13 mile race. So far I've just been practicing running 5ks and biking as many miles as I have time for. My gym doesn't have a pool anymore (long story) so I've been having trouble finding a pool to train in.

How's your training going?
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I've done several sprint triathlons and they can be a lot of fun. Is your swim open water or pool? Obviously you need to train either way but especially if it's open water. Pace yourself and be careful as it's easy to get into trouble with breathing with swimming especially with the adrenalin rush at the start of a race.

I really liked the camaraderie between the participants and always enjoyed myself despite coming in near last the first couple.