lifting weight to lose fat? pics please?? thanks!

Options
So right now I weigh 227 now my question is can I lift weights to los or is cardio the only answer? Truth like to dance and am slowly gettin jogging but I feel so strong and jus great lol when I'm lifting I like feel the burn and pushing myself a litt more towards that feeling. Can I d nothing but lift and eat healthy foo and protein to lose the weight with cardio like jumping jacks and jump to cool down after the lifting? Plea share your pics and experience if started lifting while bigger like me lost the weight that way. Thanks! Y awesome!!

Replies

• maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, weight lifting isn't that helpful to lose fat, but it is to tone and gain muscle. A good workout balances cardio, weights and flexibility.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    My dear friend.. a good mix of heavy lifting and cardio (and of course healthy, clean eating) will get you to where you want to be. One statement that helped me understand and define my goals: "More muscles = more calories burned = more fat lost"

After I had my second child in 2012, I weighed 223.. I lost 26lbs naturally but started at 197. I was at 40%BF then, started at 31% on Jan 1st, currently I am at 25%. I would recommend doing your heavy lifting first, cardio last so that you have energy to do the lifting. I usually warm up for 5 minutes to get the muscles warm and ready to work. I do HIIT for my cardio - it's short, sweet and burns a lot of calories without running for an hour :-) Whatever you decide for your cardio, make it fun and worth your time.

Here are my pics as I am approaching 90 days since doing heavy lifting.. I'll let the results speak for themselves.. I am more fit now at 167lbs than I ever was at 120lbs.

Day 1 was Jan 1, Day 83 was yesterday
    19593344_4703.jpg

Day 8:
    xlxetu.jpg

Day 83 (yesterday):
    19593344_3666.jpg

19593344_6317.jpg
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ideally, as a beginner, you should do a about 3 days a week of lifting (with light cardio warm up) and do something like HIIT(high intensity interval training) the rest of the week. I'm not a doctor, this is just my experience. Take the time to learn how to lift properly to avoid injury and get consistent results.
    If you build muscle you can raise your overall BMR so you'll use up more energy just existing. Balanced with cardio and a healthy diet, weight lifting can make a huge difference.
    so, do BOTH cardio and weights. it can't hurt, you'll only get stronger!