Whats the most random nicest act kindness done to you?

Options
When my son was a little baby I was struggeling really hard was the end of the month and I had just enough for diapers and formula. I had made it to the store got what could afford got to register and my wallet was gone! I was so distraught and freaked out straight up in panic mode. This godsend of a women came out of nowhere put A 50.00 dollar bill in my hand and said " Its going to be ok god loves you he always will has never stopped and he wants you to have this and to be ok." talk about being speachless and flabbergasted. I never saw her again not once and if I had the chance to I dont think i could ever thank her enough. sometimes we need our faaith reenforced. She did that for me. Thank you random stranger GOD BLESS YOU!

ok come on lets here your story. it make my day!

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends who I've never met and lives in Guam sent me a bicycle trailer. I couldn't believe it.
  • SANDRA_F26
    SANDRA_F26 Posts: 180
    Options
    That is amazing.Its kinda crazy how horrible people can be but also how nice, giving, loving and all around amazing they can be as well.
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, myself and two of my friends decided to treat ourselves to In-and-Out Burger. Of course we are poor high school kids, not the kind of kids that get money or allowance from our parents. As we are all digging through our purses to gather our money together, the woman in front of us turns around and announces she has paid for all three of our meals. Drinks and fries too! I instantly started crying. We thanked her for her kindness and she smiled and walked away with her meal. I will never forget that. She has been my inspiration to help others since that day. The kindness of one person can really make you want to pay it forward and make such a huge difference in your life. :smile:
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When I adopted my pitbull from a "bully" rescue they were so happy she was being adopted they paid for ALL of her shots, her to be spayed, and ALL of her medical bills (regardless of what it was for) for the first 2 years :)
  • skinny1801
    skinny1801 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When my son was a little baby I was struggeling really hard was the end of the month and I had just enough for diapers and formula. I had made it to the store got what could afford got to register and my wallet was gone! I was so distraught and freaked out straight up in panic mode. This godsend of a women came out of nowhere put A 50.00 dollar bill in my hand and said " Its going to be ok god loves you he always will has never stopped and he wants you to have this and to be ok." talk about being speachless and flabbergasted. I never saw her again not once and if I had the chance to I dont think i could ever thank her enough. sometimes we need our faaith reenforced. She did that for me. Thank you random stranger GOD BLESS YOU!

ok come on lets here your story. it make my day!

That made me cry its nice to know there are still good people out there.

The kindess thing is my ex's mom saying she will always be there for me even if me and her son didnt work out and his sisters are still there for me to. It broke my heart to think i would have to lose them but they are still there giving me advice and encouragment.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    One time I was leaving campus late and it had started to rain. I didn't have an umbrella and there wasn't a shelter at that bus stop, so I was hunched over trying to stay mostly dry when this lady with an umbrella trotted over from the bus stop on the other side of the street, cheerfully said hi, and held it over both of us.

I have no idea who she was - I asked, and we didn't have any classes together (she was post-grad and I was in my first year), or even belong to the same faculty. We chatted for a bit, then my bus showed up and she headed back to her stop.

It always makes me smile to remember it.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    These are not huge gestures, but I'd been going through a time where my confidence in people was kind of low, and they really made my day, each time.

- At a drive-through coffee place, I placed my order, got to the 2nd window, and found that the guy in the car ahead of me had already paid for my coffee.

- I was at a bus stop, and a woman offered me her valid transfer. I didn't need it (and wonder if I looked like I did, will probably not wear that outfit again), but she gave it in such an offhand, lovely way I didn't want to refuse.
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My first year away from home I was living with friends in the next state and had only been working a short time. When Thanksgiving came around I had no money to drive home (4 hours away) and although my friends invited me to come home with them, I didn't want to impose. I was in church the night before and contemplating spending the next day alone. When the service ended the lady sitting next to me (who I'd only shared smiles and nods with) shook my hand and I realized she placed something in it. She had placed a note saying "God bless you" and $6.00. Believe it or not this was just enough for me to purchase enough gas to drive 2 hours to where my sister lived. I was able to spend the day with my sister and her family. Her in-laws took my car and filled it up for my trip back home. This was the most memorable act of kindness for me. Thanks for this topic. It has reminded me to pass it on more often. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Too personal to share on the main forums and I've had more than one . But I love reading these so bumping this :)
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thread!!!

I was on my third store of the day (walmart, God help me!) and my three little boys were DONE. Crying, yelling, throwing things kind of done! I had to get just a few things, so I opened a bag of cheetos and put them in the cart with the kids. I know, terrible thing to do, but I was tired and desperate and it kept them quiet.

When I got up to the register, I handed the open bag of cheetos to the cashier and said, "I'm so sorry, I'm one of THOSE kinds of moms."

The cashier smiled at me and said, "Yeah, the BEST kind of mom!"

It was such a simple, kind thing to say but it made all the difference to me, a frazzled and tired mother!!! I left walmart feeling happy, something that has never happened before!!!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    When I was little we were living in Pakistan, and would drive for 10 hours between our house and our boarding school each time me and my siblings would go back to school. We had an old rickety Suzuki van which we would pile high with trunks and clothes and supplies for the school term ahead. One trip we broke down after about 4 hours, in the middle of a long stretch of road with nothing but fields stretching out on either side. My dad set about fixing the tire in what was probably 35 or 40 degree heat. Way off in the distance we saw a line of people make their way out of a village and come towards the road. One person brought a stool; another a kettle with water; another a cup, saucer, tea, milk, sugar. And they set it all down and made my Dad a cup of tea while he fixed the tire, just because we'd broken down outside their village, and this was their way of showing hospitality.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread. Mostly just replying to keep this in my topics, but I suppose I'll contribute.

Last year, I got very sick, and ended up having a seizure. I had never had one before (and haven't had one since, thank goodness), and in the brief flashes of consciousness during the event, I was naturally freaked out. I don't remember much, but I do remember that one of the EMS workers in the ambulance talked to me all the way to the hospital, and I remember that he specifically said, "I've got a daughter your age. You didn't deserve for this to happen to you." After that, every time I would feel guilty about being a burden on my family while I was sick, I would remember what that man said. I wish I knew his name, because I never got to thank him for being so kind to me when he didn't have to.
  • SANDRA_F26
    SANDRA_F26 Posts: 180
    Options
    Wow you all have such great stories I sure hope more people will take the time to share there stores of kindness. I do have another story i can share.
    When I was 19 I went down to mexico with my best friend and her fiance we drove down and I was going to fly back. things happened we ran out of money and I was STUCK IN MEXICO!!!!! my friend ditched me I was well. . . . screwed. I had no money no food it was pretty scary. Eventually I was able to get in contact with my father whom sent me money to get home. Thro the whole ride on the bus I had this older gentlemen who always seemsed to be right around me when I got off the bus to have a ciggarette hed quietly stand off to the side yet he's always be around. as we came to the border in Tijauana we finally started to talk well tried my spanish is rough but not to bad and he had told me that he had over herd some men as we were bording the bus talking about all these horrible things they were going to do to the white girl once they had a chance and got her alone. . . . ya that be me and he said he would die before letting anyting happen to me. WOW talk about a living breathing angel Im convinced I probly wouldnt be here today if he hadnt been watching over me and protecting from the bad situation i had gotten myself in.