5 NO-FAD Diet Tips

Options
Hello MFP peeps,

I came across these and thought they would be great to share.

1. Expend More Calories than you consume. You must create a calorie deficit to lose fat. Eating naturald foods make you feel satisfied and keep your portion sizes in check.

2. Choose natural carbs over man-made carbs. Aim for the starchy carbs (grains) and/or fruit earlier in the day and fibrous carbs later in the day.

3. Include a protein source at every meal. This will help keep your blood-sugar levels even and help you avoid cravings.

4. Drink water ofter. At least 8 glasses of pure water a day. Remember, chemicals such as artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup can cause your sensor not to receive the leptim message.

5. Always plan and prepare your meals in advance. You won't find fruit and chicken breast in vending machines, and its tough to fight the power of ghrelin at the drive thru. Plan ahead and keep your leptin levels winning the food fight.

For more on the five keys, go to fasttracktofatloss.com.

Replies

• andygirl
    andygirl Posts: 18
    Options
    It is always helpful to read these types of reminders. Thanks for posting :flowerforyou:
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options

1. Expend More Calories than you consume. You must create a calorie deficit to lose fat. Eating naturald foods make you feel satisfied and keep your portion sizes in check.

Explain this to me.. does this mean if i eat 1200 calories a day I need to burn 1300 calories a day? I'm just confused about this...
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    kcollins-- it means that if ur BMR is 1400 (like mine for example)
    then i should lose weight on a 1200 balanced calorie diet.
    that's a 200 calorie deficit