Need friends and need motivation!

Options
Hey guys! I'm new and starting a journey to lose about 110lbs, I would love to make friends and find some people to help me stay motivated! When I was in high school I was very motivated and played volleyball all 4 years and just loved to be active. But now, 4 years later I've lost all my motivation. I went to college and stopped playing sports and now I have a job were I sit for 8 hours a day :( So I'm now ready to get back that old me! :)

Replies

• CoryRedlips
    CoryRedlips Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was lacking of motivation for many years until I found MFP and I've discovered an amazing community full of nice and supportive friends. I need to lose more than 100 lbs too.
    FR sent
  • Gracelenamethyst
    Options
    Hey Megan, I'm Grace.. :D Yep, losing weight needs a big motivation, self control, and big willingness.. I wanna lose about 20 more lbs.. you can see my weight loss history in berriesontop.blogspot.com.. :D
  • Brallen1969
    Options
    Welcome and friends and motivating people definitely help....I'm on day 70 feel free to add me
  • xMightyMeganx
    Options
    hey! thanks for the welcomes! Mendorica, I was trying out weight watchers for a few months and it was awful! a lot of the people there we kinda mean and not very helpful. I asked them for motivation to work out and they about bit my head off say that i didn't have to work out. Some of the things they said were also hurtful, so I wasn't going to keep going with people that didn't want to help me. So hopefully I can keep it up here.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome always here to motivate and support!
  • jstar54321
    jstar54321 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for motivational friends on this site. Im supportive, motivational, and I have an open food diary to all my friends. so send me a friend request:)
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan,
    if your looking for friends to keep you motivated and help you achieve your goals.... Look no further. I've been on MfP for a couple of years now. And honestly its become a part of my life that keeps me in check and on track. So if you or anyone else would a motivating friend. Just send me a request with a message.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I will do the best I can to give you a hand :)