Water pill

Options
does anyone reccomend any certain OTC water pill? My birth control just makes me retain so much water.. i drink my 64oz a day and that seriously helps.. but i'm still retaining water... not as much as i used too... or is there something else I need to do?

Replies

• aliceofwonderland
    Options
    Try drinking half your weight in ounces. For example, I weigh 172 pounds, so I would need to drink 86 ounces, or about 10-11 glasses.
  • davidlitz
    davidlitz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well personally I started taking one from GNC and I like its called Waterex
  • melnedder
    melnedder Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your sodium? I was having the same problem, and wasn't tracking sodium. I started tracking it and went back and reviewed my food journal and noticed when I had more sodium, my wt loss slowed or stopped. Just a thought... :)
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    Try drinking half your weight in ounces. For example, I weigh 172 pounds, so I would need to drink 86 ounces, or about 10-11 glasses.

that mean i'd have to drink 159 oz a day!! I'd DIE!!! I struggle getting my 64-80 down!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Drink MORE. The actual recommended is half your weight in ounces of water. Mine would be about 80 ounces but I find the number that helps me retain water for less time and helps me lose weight is 120 ounces. Just experiment.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    yes i track my sodium.. i shoot for under 2400 a day.. which is what the dr said i should do... but i've never retained water until i started taking this birth control about 4 months ago..
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I went to my doc when I started my weight loss plan. I was eating right and working out 5-6 days a week and not losing any weight. My feet and ankles looked like sausages and I was just plain bloated so bad. I was watching my sodium intake as well and trying to keep it under 1500mg. Still nothing.... the doc gave me a prescription for water pills and after three days of that, I dropped 10-15 pounds. My feet look like actual feet again and I have ankles!!! I am not recommending taking a water pill unless you talk to your doctor about it first. I would just want to make sure it is the right thing for you. I wanted my doc to be involved with my weight loss so that I was sure I was doing it correctly.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    No insurance = no pcp.. cannot afford the doctor thing..
  • kiki28riki
    kiki28riki Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm not a huge water lover, but I'm able to get in my 8-10 glasses a day by adding slices of fruit or vegetables to make it taste better. Try oranges, lemons, limes, strawberries, watermelon, cucumbers, fresh ginger and/or fresh mint. I'd also definitely try to keep your sodium below 1500. 2400 is too high. Lowering the sodium will make a big difference and your food will actually taste better once you get used to not adding salt. Eating fresh vs. packaged will help you stay under the 1500 per day. If you eat mostly packaged or processed food, it will be difficult to keep your sodium under 2400.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i was on a prescribed water pill when i was on high blood pressure meds. i thought it worked great. i recently tried an over the counter water pill and wasnt happy with it. id recommend just trying to drink a lot more water...its something i struggle with too. maybe we can help each other!