Where the h*ll is this weight loss coming from

Options
Ok, so I've lost 13 lbs since I started a few months ago. I realize thats a big accomplishment but did I really have that much to loose in my stomach? I have not lost a single pants size and I'm riding bikes, jogging, walking & doing exercises on Comcast... What am I doing wrong????? My legs and rear look great, but I'd be happy loosing just one pant size! Any suggestions?

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I dont think anything is wrong.......

Alot of time, we are at a certain weight, and you probably wore your clothes tighter than you needed to.....so you are losing, but your regular clothes are just starting to fit you the way they should, so it seems you are not losing pants size....but its just that your clothes are fitting you without the tightness lol

Dont know if thats your case.....but I have seen it happen with other people

Like myself....I have lost 10 pounds, but I am still a size 9.....because my jeans were tight.....and now they are fitting comfortable....but not lose enough where I can go to a lower size
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Wouldn't it be nice if our bodies cooperated with our plans for it! keep on keeping on the pants will get looser!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My body is the same way! When I lose, I have to lose like 25lbs before I will drop a pant size but after that they seem to drop way faster! You may be building up a lot of muscle in your legs and butt causing you to stay the same size but just look whole lot better. :flowerforyou:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I didn't need new pants until around 15-20 pounds lost. I definitely admit I was wearing some of my pants tight. I'm now a very comfy size 14 and they look smaller on me since I'm petite and they fit the way they should. I don't see myself going down to a 12 for at least another 10 pounds. I;m OK with that... buying all new pants is pricey!
  • izybalizy
    izybalizy Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and encouragement! Hopefully I'll loose a pant size or two =0)
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's a great loss!!! Keep it up!!

I have a huge stomach and I know all my weight lost so far is coming right from my stomach. I can feel it -- physically I feel soooo much better, my acid reflux has stopped, my indigestion issues are gone, I'm not bloated and miserable like I was, and I can see a difference in the size of my stomach. But my pant sizes have not gone down either. Pants that were super tight are looser and my buttons are not all popping off!! My stomach started just under my breasts so now that is going down. I guess it all has to start coming off somewhere first!!

Keep up your efforts - your doing great!
  • izybalizy
    izybalizy Posts: 19
    Options
    Let me rephrase some of this I AM loosing weight in my waist and have had to tighten my belt two notches, but I cant loose the weight off my butt and thighs. So even though a smaller size could fit my waist I cant get them past my thighs. lol
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are biking,walking, jogging...those are all leg, butt and thigh exercises! When I first started with just walking 3 years ago. I had only lost maybe 10lbs but my husband told me that my butt was looking really good. Its becasue you are using muscles that you have probably not used alot in the past and they are reshaping! my butt started to lift and not be so saggy anymore :) . So my body shape changed and I didn't really lose a pants size even though I had lost 10-15lbs because things were just sitting differently.

I'll bet thats what it is! Your shape and composition is changing :)
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    A great deal of the initial weight loss is almost always water weight, and that can be a LOT. Most of us will see a big drop in weight at first, but it slows down. I wish you luck on your journey. I have every confidence that you'll reach your goal! :)