round 1 insanity results 28lbs gone! in 9 weeks

Options
LizRodmell
LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
Hello all my fellow weightloss buddies. i completed my first round of insanity 2 weeks ago and would like to share my results with you all.

Before i do however i would like to mention that the pics are not pretty! and if you have an uneasy stomach maybe go back out of this post now! I am a big girl who has given birth to two beautiful but very large babies over the last 3 years (the over eating does not help either mind you . but i can admit it and that is why i am here doing this now)

When i started Insanity i was 226lbs. i had fairly good endurance for someone my size. i could quite comfortably do a 5k jog (not amazing or anything but for someone my size you don't hear of it much) in just 9 weeks i have lost 28lbs and my fitness is sooooooo much better. so enough twittering on, here are my results:

measurements(inches) Waist 40.5 - 36
hips 44.5 - 43
bum 44.5 - 40.5
bust 39.5 - 36.5
arms 14 - 13
thighs 24.5 - 23

So a great improvement over the 63 days of crazy Insanity.

Now for the pic....brace yourself and excuse the rolls!

34t6c74.jpg

Please excuse the wallpaper we are in the middle of redecorating

I still have a loooooooong way to go but i feel very accomplished so i thought what the hell! i might as well share in the hope it gives someone some encouragement (or just a giggle)

I am starting another round of Insanity today so if anyone wants to join me please feel free to add me and ill help anyway i can.

Replies

• stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Great job....what a transformation!
  • pselders1
    pselders1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Super awesome! The results are great, keep up the good work.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You're looking great!
  • lelly1981
    lelly1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    wow well done hun. ur pics are amazing xxx
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've just started week 3 and your pics are great motivation as I'm not slim already like a lot of the people in the before and after pics you see.

Did you find your weigh loss was steady> I've only lost 1lb so far but I can see my stomach is flatter, my waist smaller and my biceps are starting to show but I would like to see a scale loss too! I have read though that a lot of people lose weight more in the second month than the first, did you find that?

Did you follow the Insanity nutrition plan, their calorie guidelines etc or stick with MFP's?

Sorry for all the question!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! :drinker:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    that's pretty incredible :) nice results!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • LaraCoz
    LaraCoz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job! I'm just starting level 3 of the 30 day shred and was looking for my next challenge. This may be it. Thanks for sharing.
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good job! :drinker:

'm starting Insanity tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get great results like yours too (even just half of it would be awesome):happy:
  • bordercolliemad2008
    bordercolliemad2008 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW! Well Done! Thats amazing:happy: an insperational start!
  • LizRodmell
    Options
    Wow, I've just started week 3 and your pics are great motivation as I'm not slim already like a lot of the people in the before and after pics you see.

Did you find your weigh loss was steady> I've only lost 1lb so far but I can see my stomach is flatter, my waist smaller and my biceps are starting to show but I would like to see a scale loss too! I have read though that a lot of people lose weight more in the second month than the first, did you find that?

Did you follow the Insanity nutrition plan, their calorie guidelines etc or stick with MFP's?

Sorry for all the question!

hi. i lost a lot quickly at first then it stayed steady. i went from doing almost nothing though to this so itvwould have been a lot of water weight.

month two is killer and most people see the biggest result then. try not to go too much off the scales and try measuring yourself. something as intense as insanity is always building muscle ( muscle weight more then fat! but it also helps you burn off fat and gives your body that toned look.)

as for food i just ate healthy and often i found if your cals were to low i didn't loose as much. with insanity you have to eat more cals or your body will go into starvation mode and store all it can. its hard to explain. i would recommend following the plan as best you can. i started insanity again yesterday! this time following his nutrition guide. and already have more energy, always full, and just feel better overall. the best results will be seen if you follow the plan. ( just wish i had first time around)

feel free to add me. we can guide each other through x
  • LizRodmell
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job! I'm just starting level 3 of the 30 day shred and was looking for my next challenge. This may be it. Thanks for sharing.

go for it! it changed my life tbh. my idea of pushing myself is redefined lol. go for it.
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! You look great!
  • LizRodmell
    Options
    Good job! :drinker:

'm starting Insanity tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get great results like yours too (even just half of it would be awesome):happy:

that's great. feel free to add me. friends are great for support and all the crazy questions that come up with insanity....which they do.
  • angeleyz4u
    Options
    Great job! How did you log your exercise into MyFitnessPal? I'm trying to figure that out....
  • LizRodmell
    Options
    Great job! How did you log your exercise into MyFitnessPal? I'm trying to figure that out....

i have a heart rate monitor. its the only way to know really. different ability levels will burn more or less.
    if you don't have one or plan on gettin one....a lot of people log as aerobics (high impact) or Circuit training and yoga for the recovery days... but i find people tend to overestimated when they guess.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That's pretty amazing. You look great!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options

hi. i lost a lot quickly at first then it stayed steady. i went from doing almost nothing though to this so itvwould have been a lot of water weight.

month two is killer and most people see the biggest result then. try not to go too much off the scales and try measuring yourself. something as intense as insanity is always building muscle ( muscle weight more then fat! but it also helps you burn off fat and gives your body that toned look.)

as for food i just ate healthy and often i found if your cals were to low i didn't loose as much. with insanity you have to eat more cals or your body will go into starvation mode and store all it can. its hard to explain. i would recommend following the plan as best you can. i started insanity again yesterday! this time following his nutrition guide. and already have more energy, always full, and just feel better overall. the best results will be seen if you follow the plan. ( just wish i had first time around)

feel free to add me. we can guide each other through x

That's great, I've hidden the scales for a while and am taking progress pics and I've set my calories to what Insanity suggests. I will ad you thanks, we have about the same to lose total so will be nice to share it with someone in a similar position.
  • LizRodmell
    Options

That's great, I've hidden the scales for a while and am taking progress pics and I've set my calories to what Insanity suggests. I will ad you thanks, we have about the same to lose total so will be nice to share it with someone in a similar position.

great. look forward to helping each other Dig Deeper :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!