Road ID...anyone have one?

Options
2»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My husband, who bikes WAY more than I do, has one that he wears on his ankle. I always have a pack with a hydration bag and bring my wallet when I go.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    Oh and I alway bring mine because I was once watching some crime show, Law & Order I think, and they couldn't identify a murdered jogger and one of the cops joked "Would an ID really have slowed her down that much?".
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    OR you could also get a cheapy real life dog tag from Walmart. I got some for my kids for Disney Land w/ just their names and my cell number. $7 a piece.
  • runningwild00
    Options
    Ah! I have wanted one of these for a while. Thanks for reminding me, I am ordering one now!
  • christinak74
    christinak74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I got the wrist ID slim a few weeks ago. Hardly notice it and always have it on when I go out riding now.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have the wrist ID. I wear it at the gym every day....just in case. I did get the slim one as well, but I don't care for it as much. It's looser than the strap ID and flops around on my wrist a bit, which bugs me when I'm lifting. I also found changing out the ID tag to be extremely difficult. So while I bought a couple of different colored bands for the slim, I just wore the black since I didn't want to waste 10 minutes trying to get the ID tag on the new band.

I got the regular, not the interactive. Not for security concerns, but because I didn't want the EMTs to have to spend time looking up my info online in an emergency. I have a breathing problem, and they need to know that right away if I'm found unconscious.

Neat little gadget and I recommend them to everyone.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Cool. So do you all have the regular version or the interactive version? I'm a little concerned with the security of either--not that anyone would necessarily get close enough to look carefully at the regular one but you never know, especially if you wear it all the time. And then the interactive one...they say they work with EMS and law enforcement to keep your information safe, but I wonder how careful they really are if you were to lose it.

The only info I have on my dog tags is emergency contact phone numbers, allergies and my name and age. Don't really see how that is a security issue.

Same, for my wrist strap one.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I have the wrist version in red so it will get noticed if needed.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I got the wrist strap one in bright pink, (with a purple band for backup) I just put my full name and birth year on it, as well as my husbands phone number as my emergancy contact. We only have one hospital here, they won't have a hard time finding my records if they have my name.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me; just ordered one. :P

Hopefully it won't annoy me and I can just wear it all the time. It's definitely a good idea since I don't bring anything with me on my runs other than a key.
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the velcro wrist strap and both two different colors (pink and purple) so I can switch them out. I wear it on one wrist with my HRM on the other. I never even know it's there during my run but it gives me added confidence should something happen to me. It is not interactive. Love it!
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have the slim wrist version with the online/interactive data feature. Love it.
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That looks really cool. If I ever start biking, I'll have to look into this. Thanks for pointing it out! :)
  • thebeave246
    thebeave246 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got the shoe one for Christmas, but never though about losing a shoe. Between my HRM and my Garmin I didn't really want something else on my wrist. I got the regular version, non the interactive.
  • tzur21
    tzur21 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have the wrist version- the sporty one. I really like- you can put a motivational quote on the bottom, which I like.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have the slim wrist one - I have a couple of colors. I try to remember to use it every time I go out an run but the truth is that I often forget. Might think about the shoe one for that reason
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have dog tags but have been thinking of ordering a wrist band.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have the wrist one as well..love it...bugs me when I forget it....do not want to be a "john doe" out there......