rough

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
Due to heavy lifting my palms are getting rough...... any ideas for reducing the roughness?????

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    lifting gloves
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I lift weights and ring bells, so I pull on a hemp rope for a couple hours a week. My hands suck. I've been using coconut oil, and it seems to be working pretty well.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Gloves. Or lotion the crap out of them (wear thin cotton gloves over freshly lotioned hands at night). And file down the callouses. Or just wear gloves.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I never ever wear gloves as I want my hands to get tougher and I want to improve my grip strength.

I simply take care of my hands with a pumice stone after I shower-file calluses a bit, etc. and put lotion on. Works for me.
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Aquaphor healing ointment (made by Eucerin brand). Or vitamin E oil. If you can, slather on the Aquaphor and put on some cotton gloves at bedtime. If the gloves bother you while you sleep, just keep reapplying the Aquaphor as needed throughout the day, you should see some improvement in a few days. If not, try Corn Husker lotion, it's super heavy duty, but kinda smells funny. At least Aquaphor is odor-free.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Which lotion do you apply. ..... never applied on my hands
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Is it fine to use petroleum jelly or vaseline
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Sounds funny, but I use a cream that is meant for feet. It's a brand called CCS. I'm in the UK, so I'm not sure if that's available everywhere or what. Works great on feet, too!