QUICK!!! FREE running music!?

Options
I've got an app that has running music free - but I'm now wondering what if connection fails!??!? Anyone have links to good running music to download for free? Ideally something I recognise (ie not house/trance/tech)

Last minute me again... race start is in 11 hours!!!! AAaaaarrrrghhhhhh lol
:noway:

Replies

• Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    anyone?????
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options
    Okay, so now I've got til 28 April for my next 10k race - please let me know any good running tunes :)

I opted for an audio book yesterday, was the handiest! And it worked a treat to distract me from the running and got me across the finish line in a good (for me) time of 67 mins 46 sec.

Seriously though, am I alone in needing a few good tunes to run to in a race??? There's gotta be some of you out there with great suggestions!
  • danicaliforn1a
    danicaliforn1a Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Download the Songza app. Completely free playlists created by users of the App. I listen to playlists for working out, hanging out with friends, cleaning.. there's something for everyone in a wide variety of music choices.
  • Dgold13
    Dgold13 Posts: 14
    Options
    Try running your races without music, Ill bet you enjoy it more.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I had the batteries die in my MP3 player 10 minutes from the finish line of a 10K.....worst 10 minutes ever.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Options

I had the batteries die in my MP3 player 10 minutes from the finish line of a 10K.....worst 10 minutes ever.

I find it quite torturous not to have something to listen to while running anything more than 5k. I get bored and wonder why I'm doing it.

Will check out the Songza app
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I find it quite torturous not to have something to listen to while running anything more than 5k. I get bored and wonder why I'm doing it.

Will check out the Songza app

I ran the Twin Cities Marathon twice without headphones. The 1st time was OK, 2nd....just dreadful.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Give the "Rock My Run" site a try. They have a wide selection of music mixes specifically for runners.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Agree, rock my run is amazing, they have free music via their app (anything under 45 mins I think and many of them actually download to your device in the app rather than streaming. I was so happy with their mixes I decided to become a paying member so I could get the longer mixes for half marathons. They have everything from country, pop, rock, 80s, oldies, trance, house, etc and the mixes are constant music and some even have steady BPM's for keeping pace.
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    +1 for Songza it's the best one out there. You can make playlists too. (there's just a loophole about listening to your own without other music mixed in so the best way is to have someone else make the playlist under their name and then you can listen to it as it was meant to) But really the ones already on there made by professionals and fellow users alike are all you will ever need.

Having said all that, however, that's still not really what you are looking for as you said what if I lose my connection. In that case you need to actually have music physically on your device. Unfortunately there is really much out there "Legally" that you can do for free. Illegally there are a lot of peer to peer programs that will allow you to get music, but you're basically stealing and taking risks on getting malware onto your computer.

My best suggestion for free music is to connect with your friends and find out if anyone has a large cd or mp3 collection and then just copy from them what you want. In essence it's the same as the illegal way, but no way to get caught and no viruses to worry about.

Good luck!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You could always listen to one of your local radio stations. They're free. Also Pandora and iHeartRadio are good, free sources.