Raspberry Ketones

Options
What's your thoughts? I've heard good and bad.

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    save your money
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    This comes up here a lot. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true.
    Raspberries are very good for you though, and very low calorie.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Use the search function. Avoid fad crap touted by Dr. Oz.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    just go to the grocery store,open all the boxes of raspberries and smell them:flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Just eat at a moderate deficit and get some exercise.
  • Itsbhoney
    Itsbhoney Posts: 17
    Options
    Yes, love raspberries and have the a few times a week. A friend of mine just bought the ketones per the Dr. Oz show. Just sounds far fetch to me.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    thoughts = waste of money
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. I have a cousin who is using this and she swears its helping..nothing to do with diet or exercise then? :huh:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg
  • Itsbhoney
    Itsbhoney Posts: 17
    Options
    lol thanks guys :)
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    33110506_1131.jpg
    tumblr_inline_mfqcxv8Kct1rskynf_zpsd36d7b9d.gif
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I will sell you 1 box of rocks for $100

That will help you lose weight just as much as raspberry ketones will...
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way; if there really was a pill that you could take that just magically burns fat, there would be no overweight people and websites like this wouldn't exist.
  • tabertha1
    tabertha1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i bough into it :( and yes wasted my money.. lesson learned..
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My mother fell into this trap with the RKs. I went over to her house not that long ago, and she was remarking about how she is finally starting to get results. She told me she was taking raspberry ketones. So I started asking her what she's doing differently and to share it all, and it turns out she's now running/walking 6 miles a day and she's stopped eating all the prepackaged convenience foods she used to buy in bulk, and started eating more beef, fish and chicken and regular veggies. She's also cut out the big salads full of dressings, etc.

So after a weekend of showing her that her calories in versus her calories out matter, she ditched the bottle to the back of the closet. She figures she'll give them to my sister and maybe the placebo effect will get her to thinking about her diet and exercise, too.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that if you have a good result from the placebo effect, then it's not going to harm you. But just know that it's strictly psychological and the pills don't do anything on their own.
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I work in the pharmacy department of a major retail chain and my favorite comic relief each night is to read the instructions on all the "diet pills" out there. With almost no exceptions, all of the pills that "burn fat" have a disclaimer on them that says that "study participants followed calorie restricted diets and exercise plans" to get the results they advertise. Short answer: save your money. You're better off losing the weight slowly and naturally anyway, the faster it comes off, the more likely it is to come right back. Log your intake and output and make sure what's going in is less than what's going out and you're more than likely going to see results. Good luck!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Well if you want to get rid of $20 so bad pm me and I'll give my papal info lol.

Zero research done on humans to justify raspberry keytones help in weightloss.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The last time I took Raspberry Ketones, I messed myself, passed out, and woke up 3 days later, naked in the produce aisle of a Piggly Wiggly, hugging a gourd. RK is messed up!

ETA: When you're banned from a store is it just the one, or is it the whole chain?