It's time to win this battle

Options
ouleanna
ouleanna Posts: 47 Member
I'm new here...at least on the community side of it. I've been the drop out for so many years. I'm not sure what finally clicked, but after running a 10k last spring, and an 8k in the fall, I'm ready to be healthier, faster, and stronger. I am again training for a 10k in 3 weeks, and absolutely LOVE running! I am hoping to lose 70 pounds by next year (before the beginning of 10k training)! I know it's going to be a challenge, but I'm ready for it! Here's to (hopefully) running a 1/2 marathon in Nov. 2014!

I'm hoping to find other friends to stay motivated!!!

Replies

• energizedlady65
    Options
    Hi, I started last week, but got sick, so today is a brand knew start. I'm retired and you'd think I had all the time in the world to get healthier.. well it's not! This is my plan and goal : make my enteries everyday for a week. When I've done that add another week, etc.etc.etc! Be honest! Can use some people who understand where I'm coming from. Hope everyone has a Merry Monday.
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi im 26 years old, mom of 1, about 235 lbs... im tired of giving up and im looking for some support from the community side, im starting to think it goes hand in hand with the whole weight loss struggle. also looking for friends that are keepers..
  • ouleanna
    Options
    I agree! It definitely helps to have friends to keep you going! A little motivation goes a long way!
  • zeprose
    zeprose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I agree with you. Motivating friends are really important but the more important thing is being determined.
  • ouleanna
    Options
    So I guess that's what I'm looking for! Some awesome friends to help motivate!