Do I need to eat within a certain time frame of awakening??

Options
So what do you think?? I have read over the years that you should eat within an hour of waking up but what if I am not hungry?? Does it really matter??? I do normally eat probably within 3 hours of waking up and I have water and coffee but no actually food right away...

Replies

• fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic it doesn't really matter.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter.
  • Bane81
    Bane81 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what fattyfoodie said.
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic it doesn't really matter.
    THIS

Remember, if there was a trick that worked really well everyone would be doing it and MFP wouldn't exist.
    So if it sounds too good to be true it probably sort of is, feed your body when it's hungry and you should be fine.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I typically don't eat until about 2hrs after getting up. I can't eat right away even if I'm hungry(which I am, my stomach is always growling when I get up). I personally think that eating something for breakfast is needed, but I don't think it needs to be immediately. IMHO if it's within 3hrs you are still getting the metabolism benefits. **this is not based on any scientific fact just my experience** If someone gets up and is extremely active right away, well then that might be different but I get up and go to a desk job....not exactly strenuous.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Eat within 3 weeks of waking up or you will be in starvation mode for sure! :wink:

Old motorbikes have kick-starts, metabolism doesn't.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    So what do you think?? I have read over the years that you should eat within an hour of waking up but what if I am not hungry?? Does it really matter??? I do normally eat probably within 3 hours of waking up and I have water and coffee but no actually food right away...

You should probably eat in the time frame that begins with your stomach rumbling. It's really not about timing so much, it's about what your body needs. If you aren't hungry when you get up, don't eat.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't matter what time you eat. What matters is what you eat, not when.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I usually wait about 12 hours after waking up to eat. It really doesn't matter.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I usually wait about 12 hours after waking up to eat. It really doesn't matter.

Wow! more power to ya!!