"Skinny" day?

Options
Anyone else notice they have a "skinny" day? I weigh myself daily but don't officially weigh-in until monday and I've noticed constantly the day I wake up and "weigh" least of the week is always on Sunday. Anybody know why?

Replies

• syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm considering changing my weigh-in day because of this. I realized today that I generally don't have nearly as strict of a diet over the weekend as I do during the week; which means I'll likely be retaining tons of water and bloating by monday morning! Which is horrible for my weigh-ins.

You may be seeing the reverse of that; maybe you're being extremely strict, up until sunday, which is why you're the lightest sunday morning and weigh more on monday.
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Monday's are bad for me! I either stay the same as Friday or I'm up a pound ... Wednesday's or Thursday's are my favorite days to weigh in; that's when I'm the lightest!
  • blwenz
    blwenz Posts: 16
    Options
    Most people fluctuate throughout the week, but if you track the fluctuations over a period of time, you will start to notice a pattern. This is because generally our activities throughout our week are comparable to most weeks. You might have more meetings to go to on Tuesday at work so you burn more calories, but you might not do much on Friday nights.... just as examples. It's different for everyone but it is normal. I weigh in on Mondays like you no matter what, but my "skinny" day is normally in the middle of the week. I think its better to find a day when you're somewhere in the middle to have a more accurate picture of your actual weight. IMHO.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    When I switched to weekly weigh-ins, I opted for Saturday, BECAUSE that was the day that, historically (per data I had obtained using MFP) that's the day of the week on which I weigh the least.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Because weight fluctuates throughout the week, I don't log a new weight unless it sticks for 3 days...that way I don't log a loss only to have it back the next day.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Its probably related to something else you do habitually in your week. My "Skinny Day" is Wednesday. Fat Day is Saturday I attribute this to I always go out to eat on Fridays. I am always really good with my eating Sunday - Wednesday.

For the past six weeks I have stopped weighing in daily and only weigh in on Mondays. This has helped me be more successful and stay on track. Weighing in daily causes too many ups in downs mentally
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, just to check how I'm doing. However, my "offical weigh in" is Sunday morning, as that's the last day of the week.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Do you tend to drink Saturday night? You may be waking up dehydrated (or at least not retaining water) Sunday morning because of the alcohol...
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Many people go up during/after the weekend due to more relaxed habits. I've seen it suggested to keep weigh in days on Sunday or Monday to help hold yourself accountable throughout the weekend. (since you know it'll be an impact on your weigh in)
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    36623957.jpg
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I changed my weigh in days from Mondays to Fridays for this very reason. I tend to waver on the weekends, and typically exceed my sodium content even if I'm staying within my calories, and the excess sodium always leads to an inflated number on the scale. And even though I know it's just water weight, it's still discouraging. So, I made the executive decision to start weighing in on Friday mornings when I know I've stayed within my limits all week. I know it's all in my head but I feel like the number I see on the scale on Fridays is a truer representation of my progress.

And I've also stopped weighing in every day, now it's only on Fridays. Was driving myself crazy weighing in every morning. :drinker:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I changed my weigh in day from Monday to Saturday for this reason. Like a PP said, I don't monitor myself on weekends as much as during the week. Since I pack my breakfast, lunch, and snacks Monday-Friday, I have less bloat and water weight when I weigh on Saturday. My husband likes to have a "good meal" on Saturday evenings, meaning that I fix what ever he wants without worrying about calories (but I still sneak healthy ingredients when he's not looking!). And my family likes to have Sunday dinner, so on Mondays, I am bloated and fat feeling.
  • botello89
    botello89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    36623957.jpg

fy3cli.gif
  • botello89
    Options
    I changed my weigh in days from Mondays to Fridays for this very reason. I tend to waver on the weekends, and typically exceed my sodium content even if I'm staying within my calories, and the excess sodium always leads to an inflated number on the scale. And even though I know it's just water weight, it's still discouraging. So, I made the executive decision to start weighing in on Friday mornings when I know I've stayed within my limits all week. I know it's all in my head but I feel like the number I see on the scale on Fridays is a truer representation of my progress.

And I've also stopped weighing in every day, now it's only on Fridays. Was driving myself crazy weighing in every morning. :drinker:

That makes sense! I went over in Sodium by a lot yesterday. And I tend to let myself eat a meal that's not exactly healthy to stick with it but that's usually friday or saturday
  • botello89
    Options
    Do you tend to drink Saturday night? You may be waking up dehydrated (or at least not retaining water) Sunday morning because of the alcohol...

No I don't drink EVER (don't like alcohol). or go out really lol (maybe have 1 night of week when my sister and I go eat somewhere; usually friday or saturday after she gets out of work). Only thing I drink is water all day every day besides when I do a protein shake i can't do it with water (hate the taste) so I mix it with 2% milk.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    For some reason, my "skinny day" tends to be at the beginning of the week, usually a Monday or Tuesday. I'm not really sure why. I don't do cheat days, but I typically work out less on the weekend and am more relaxed about what I eat (pizza!). Perhaps the occasional couple of beers on Saturday plus no heavy workouts is a good recipe for not retaining water...lol. My weight does tend to bounce around within a couple pounds of my lowest recorded number, but it always comes back down and continues on its way.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is usually my lightest day because of my graveyard work schedule, although I'm wondering if that's going to change since tuesdays are going to be lifting days now.