did anyone trim down doing kettlebell circuits / workouts?

Options
I love kettlebell but I've been doing a lot more hiit training , which is great but just wondered if I could just focus on kettlebell ? Will I trim down doing this ? Did you? I'm 212 by the way x

Replies

• toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    bump please
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yes. A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight.

Kettlebell circuits are good for both aerobic and anaerobic conditioning and are a great form of exercise.

:flowerforyou:
  • toffee2013
    Options
    bump anyone else
  • toffee2013
    Options
    they give such a great full body workout . just afraid il add pounds /muscle
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    they give such a great full body workout . just afraid il add pounds /muscle

That would be high;y unlikely as

1) You're a female and don't produce enough testosterone to get bulky without considerable effort.
    2) You're not training for hypertrophy
    3) You're not eating a calorie surplus.

Kettlebell your heart out.
  • toffee2013
    Options
    ah thanks for the advice . just about to do workout with the kettlebell now :) x
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would sing the praises of Kettlebells all day long. And no you won't get bulky. There's a 130 lb girl in my Kettlebells class who swings 35lbs bells and there's nothing bulky about her.

I've been doing Kettlebells for over a year now, 3 hour long sessions a week. I love that it's weight training and cardio combined. I am now getting actual definition and toning in my arms, legs, glutes and, slowly but surely, abs. I also do weights but only started about a month or 2 ago, but I would recommend this along side the Kettlebells, even the weight machines at the gym.
  • toffee2013
    Options
    Just finished my work out with them , while my daughter is napping . It's something im good at but ive done a lot of hiit training lately but may do more kettlebell training now x
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I would actually increase the weight bells tho.
    I also do this and Im up to using 15lbs.
    I burn more cals and my waist has sinched quite a bit!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 3 and half inches off my hips and have lost around 2 and half off my waist from kettlebells so far so they can help quite a bit. I like them also. I like the Kettlenetics one. But then sometimes on days when I do more cardio instead of that workout then I will lift like 15 minutes with a lot heavier kettlebell.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have just started using them myself and was wondering if they really are as good as they are sold to be on the adverts I lost 3lbs last week and 2lb this week, so I happy with them so far .. I just find it hard to believe at my wieght that I burn 500 calories in 25 mins so I am not eating those calories
  • smialyneyez
    smialyneyez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    anyone know how many calories burned per 30 minutes session of kettlebell?
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do Kelly Coffey Meyers SlimSculpt 30 min KB workout and burn 220 calories in that time.