NSV (best comment to date!)

Options
AwesomelyAmber
AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
As you know, once you start the process of losing weight the compliments tend to roll in and it's pretty awesome! People you haven't seen in years, or even those that you see everyday often have something positive to say in regards to the smaller 'you'.

I had what I would consider the BEST COMPLIMENT so far in my efforts to be a 'better version of myself' on Saturday. I met up with my best friend for a girls' day and her friend from work came along. We went to a What Women Want Expo, as we were nearing the end of the row we were in I said "I don't care about going to the last booth, it's for weight loss suplements". My best friend's friend says with a laugh,

:happy: "Yeah, I don't think you look like you need to worry about what you put in your mouth at ALL":happy:

I have been overweight my whole life... I was a BIG kid, an even BIGGER teenager and struggled more often than not. Never in my life has anyone referenced that I don't look like I have a weight problem... more often than not I was told that I DID have one!

I literally SQUEELED. I couldn't help it :blushing: I told her how I had lost @ 40 pounds and work at it EVERY day, and followed up with letting her know how that simple little comment made my entire WEEK, especially since I have been struggling a bit lately.

YAY!

Replies

• Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! Congrats!!
  • KLC2784
    KLC2784 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic! I am smiling for you! :-)
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Amber, that's fantastic!!! I'm so proud of you and all that you've accomplished.
  • flutternfly
    flutternfly Posts: 123
    Options
    So proud of you! I'm excited for you. I know how hard you've been working. You deserve to enjoy that compliment.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous, and you deserve it!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Personally, NSVs mean more to me than what the scale says. That made my day too. Awesome!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    What a great thing to hear....and of course, she's right! You are awesome :drinker:
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...Congrats on your success!
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! That is So awesome! You take that comment and you squeeze every teensy-eensy ounce of enjoyment and encouragement out of it possible, because you earned it and you deserve it!

write it down and keep it in front of your eyes. Stick it on your bathroom mirror and read it every morning.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! :)
  • rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats!!!
  • kniknaack
    kniknaack Posts: 32
    Options
    Great share! I need inspiration right now, as I am just starting. So thanks for the boost! A good for you!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! My favorite was when I was seeing a post op gastric surgery patient said me that she will be skinny like me one day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!