Best Nutrition Bars

Options

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    http://www.thesimplybar.com/
    highest protein, lowest sugar, no gluten or dairy order them online with basic shipping and they arrive the next day.
    Oh, and also... deee lish!

oh see I disagree about these! As with any product I guess, there's bound to be different opinions. We found these to be dry and really funny tasting. Couldn't even finish the whole sample pack we ordered.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have the chocolate brownie quest bars and they are awful.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    20% off case discount
    every 3rd bar is free aka 25% discount
    I'm going to use a 25% off coupon for all purchases over $100...

Seems expensive, but when you get Quest Bars at under 2 dollars per bar at a GNC.. better than anywhere else... I've scoured.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Lara and Kind.

Sometimes Atkins.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Microwave it for 15 seconds and top it with ice cream or mix it in protein powder with less water/milk so it's like a pudding.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What kind of bar are you looking for? a protein bar? a snack bar?

I like Lara bars because they aren't filled with crap, the apple pie bar I have today has SIX ingredients; Dates, Almonds, Apples, Walnuts, Raisins and Cinnamon.
    Its not a protein bar but its a healthy snack for on the go.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Quest chocolate chip cookie dough is the best thing ever!

I finally ordered my first Quest Bars after reading so many great reviews. I got a 12 case sampler. there were no Cookie Dough. I am sad now.
    (But they are really great!- except the apple pie one. it was weirrd)
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It depends what the reason is you want the bar for. That being said, Lara Bars are really the only kind of "pre-packaged" bar I eat. The ingredients are natural; no preservatives or heavily processed junk.

The apple pie bar is my favorite. It is a great snack or treat, and I love that the ingredients are also raw!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Microwave it for 15 seconds and top it with ice cream or mix it in protein powder with less water/milk so it's like a pudding.

Thanks I'll give that a try
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Lara Bars

They have all natural ingredients.... no wierd things you can't pronounce. For example Cashew Cookie has cashews and dates. That's it!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Where do you get Quest bars? I've never seen them. Do I have to go to GNC?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm fond of the quest bars also. I don't even microwave them. Didn't like the lemon cream pie but that's about it (but I don't like lemon cream pie). 18g of fiber and 20g of protein and only 1 to 3g of sugar. They really fill me up. I haven't tried the chocolate cookie dough though... will have to try and find some. Coconut/cashews is my favorite.

I guess it depends what kind of bar you're looking for though. Larabars look yummy but have higher sugar and don't compare for fiber and proteins.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    --dm9yzKXh9ZfwutpCTGpGg1D3b_k1GCvmnu2y_G--rTwyKcSF3KAvFzWL3B0OI1LiJunQnTzyk1g778V0eQgSo9iFDa3rJchKsbZXkOa51cNtM3ywngasVBIEr2g0gKaKOfkgb4XyRonNxW8RiqKvdp8gUsMT4LAXglajMe_hgYgOIz3WNd=s220-c
    I love these

if you're good with 20g of sugar

Quest, Detour, Pure Protein are all solid, but the best ones are the ones you make yourself. it's easy and so much cheaper.
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just bought my first box of Quest bars off of Amazon, they were awesome!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The Builder Bars are my favs. I'm fine with the sugar content.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

of course you are - that makes it the healthiest part of your diet! :tongue:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Where do you get Quest bars? I've never seen them. Do I have to go to GNC?

I ordred from amazon.com
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

There's no one part of a diet that's "the healthiest." That's actually just another part of the bigger misconception: that there are "healthy" foods and "unhealthy" foods.

It's the diet as a whole that's either unhealthy or healthy. A diet of nothing but even Reddy-approved foods can be extremely unhealthy, and a diet of nothing but "unhealthy" foods can be extremely healthy.

It's not this food or that food that's a problem - it's the whole.

Anyway, eat any bar that works for you. I have some Supreme Protein bars (200 calories, 15g of protein, 5g sugar, and the protein is mostly whey and not collagen) that are pretty good too.

I hate Quest bars. They taste like poison.
  • spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    no one else has tried Darryl bars??? 28 grams of protein and all natural.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

There's no one part of a diet that's "the healthiest." That's actually just another part of the bigger misconception: that there are "healthy" foods and "unhealthy" foods.

It's the diet as a whole that's either unhealthy or healthy. A diet of nothing but even Reddy-approved foods can be extremely unhealthy, and a diet of nothing but "unhealthy" foods can be extremely healthy.

It's not this food or that food that's a problem - it's the whole.

Anyway, eat any bar that works for you. I have some Supreme Protein bars (200 calories, 15g of protein, 5g sugar, and the protein is mostly whey and not collagen) that are pretty good too.

I hate Quest bars. They taste like poison.

'twas a joke