Wants to lose 30lbs by 4th of July!

Options
jdk124
jdk124 Posts: 16 Member
I use to be around 140-150lbs back before I had a full time job. After that, between sitting all day, working 8 hours and doing everything else... the weight piled on. Not to mention that my love for cookies, pop, fast food and naps won a great majority of the time. The past 2-3 months I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast, drinking 100 oz. + a day and have limited to pop intake to either diet or just 1-2 cans a week. Starting today, 3/25/13 I am cutting out fast food to maybe 1 time a week, if that. I am a man that loves my food but I know more than anything, I can reach 185 by 4th of July. Right now I am at around 215lbs. Think it can be done? - justin.

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Looks like that is about two pounds a week. I think that that is totally doable if you work hard and stick to that limited pop/limited fast-food plan. Cutting out pop helped me lose a lot of weight right away, so I will always recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight.

Good luck!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    It can be done m'friend with th ehelp of MFP and endeavour.
    Get a load of accountable friends and you will win the day.

Good luck in your journey.
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use to be around 140-150lbs back before I had a full time job. After that, between sitting all day, working 8 hours and doing everything else... the weight piled on. Not to mention that my love for cookies, pop, fast food and naps won a great majority of the time. The past 2-3 months I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast, drinking 100 oz. + a day and have limited to pop intake to either diet or just 1-2 cans a week. Starting today, 3/25/13 I am cutting out fast food to maybe 1 time a week, if that. I am a man that loves my food but I know more than anything, I can reach 185 by 4th of July. Right now I am at around 215lbs. Think it can be done? - justin.

I joined MFP at 268 in January....see how much I lost below? Yes it can happen in that short amount of time. You just have to increase your activity everyday and eat less.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    its not about what you eat so much as its about total calories.... i think you need a betetr understanding of nutrition or you'll be hard pressed to succeed...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151032123
  • Misty2024
    Misty2024 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That sounds like my goal too. This is my 5th day, I have noticed I don't quit meet my cal goal for the day due to exersise credits. I am eatting clean and doing lots of exercises and now I weighed myself and gained a pound. It seems like I'm eatting more on this plan but about 100+ short on my calorie goal. Is this normal to gain? Any ideas would be great.
  • jdk124
    Options
    Looks like that is about two pounds a week. I think that that is totally doable if you work hard and stick to that limited pop/limited fast-food plan. Cutting out pop helped me lose a lot of weight right away, so I will always recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight.

Good luck!

Thanks! Pop has always been my weakness.
  • jdk124
    Options

I joined MFP at 268 in January....see how much I lost below? Yes it can happen in that short amount of time. You just have to increase your activity everyday and eat less.

Dude, that is awesome! Hopefully when July rolls around I can be telling everyone that I've lost that much. Congratulations!
  • TMarie8532
    Options
    Sounds like you are ready to make a change for yourself. You can do this, especially with the help from your family and friends. I know this isn't about me, but Jan 1, 2012 I said no more fast food. Well Dec 31, 2012 I did it. I had no fast food whatsoever. Fast food made me feel tired, and well, just blah. I don't want it, I don't need it. It is bad for me. That's what I recite to myself as I am running errands. Honestly, I don't even crave it. Good luck to you Jdk, keep us posted on your journey to weight loss.:happy:
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's my goal as well! Best of luck to you, I'm sure with the right plan, it's more than possible.
  • Butterfly81068
    Options
    That's a great goal. Good luck!! I lost 18 pounds in 2012 by giving up fast food. I still have a very long way to go and now am trying to make improvements in all my other eating choices.