trying to get motivated - ive just signed up ? any tips ? :)

Options
Hey guys im carley from london . Ive just signed up to MFP after ive gained about 2stone from having major foot surgery and not being able to walk for 2 months . Its really hard to try and get back out there and motivated . I cannot run as im still healing . Im 5"10 and currently weigh 100kg exactly . Ive always been a curvy girl and do struggle with my weight . Im a 16 uk and would love get to a uk 12 . It would be great to find myself happy and comfortable in my own skin again and its nice to find a site where others are trying to be a better self too . Any tips would be greatly appreciated .

Replies

• Pickles1975
    Options
    Try working out in the water so it won't hurt your foot. Good luck!
  • tweetyjf
    tweetyjf Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    perhaps weigttraining for your upper body???
    hope you'll heal soon...
  • carleyvernon
    Options
    Thanks pickles :)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Try working out in the water so it won't hurt your foot. Good luck!

Great idea, I'd take up swimming. It's GREAT for transforming your shape too.
    My other piece of advice to you is to get some kitchen scales and weigh everything you eat for logging purposes, it teaches you a lot about portion control.
    (I went from a UK 14-16 to a UK 10)
  • carleyvernon
    Options
    Yeah ive been doing some sit ups and various excercises . My main are i really struggle with is my tummy and hips . Or love handles ad i call them lol . Ive been on slimfast which i feel is working . Someone said to try the atkins diet ? Or baby food diet lol thats a new one . Im taking up swimming from saturday see how that goes . Really want to get toned for summer
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Agree with the other posts.
    Log everything, post an open diary every day, swimming is good until healed then move on possibly.

Get a whole bunch of friends as well to support you and for accountability.
    That really was the best thing I did as you keep focus ALL the time.....
  • carleyvernon
    Options
    Wow khall thats great well done . Hopefully i will be saying the same . How long did that take you ?
  • dkutnyak
    dkutnyak Posts: 13
    Options
    HOWDY....not much to say here but stay committed to logging in faithfully. Have you ever considered doing green smoothies, raw and or a plant based diet ? If so, check out the....youngandraw.com website. I have 1 cheat day on Sunday....the rest of the time I am loyal to my diet of raw and/or plant based foods. I'm a "old" woman not in any great rush to lose alot of weight...just steady !!
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Make LOTS of MFP friends.

If you have a smartphone -- get the app.

Take your MEASUREMENTS.

Remember, you are more than the number on the scale.

Don't get discouraged. :)
  • DGibbons75
    DGibbons75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I have got 4 stone to loose after giving up smoking.... scary stuff but I did it before so I have to do it again.
    We can do it!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging in and be honest in your entries.... It will keep you going along with those of us out here who also post... Make friends they are a help too..
  • SirAlexanderII
    Options
    resistance exercises would be best until you heal, afterwards light weight to build muscle around injury and than heavier weight to build more muscle. muscle burns fat. Lighter weights and increasing reps keeps you from bulking up once you reach your desired size.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Wow khall thats great well done . Hopefully i will be saying the same . How long did that take you ?

I began exercising in October 2012 then in January 2013 I came onto MFP and changed my diet too. So all in all it's taken 6 months and I hit a size 10 about 3-4 weeks ago at a tight squeeze, now it's a comfortable fit :)
    Also, my advice is do not go on a diet. Change your lifestyle and eating habits for the good rather than focus on a quick fix diet or you will gain it all back when you begin your normal diet again.
    A lot of this is about portion control, I ate Pizza Hut 3 times in 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago and I still lost weight because it's all about keeping within your calories. Not that I'm saying go and eat Pizza Hut, haha, but what I mean is you don't have to deny yourself the good things in order to lose weight.

As others have said, get the app for your phone. It's what I use to log 95% of the time and it's so easy only takes 1-2 minutes!
    And add lots of friends to help motivate you. Feel free to add me if you like :)