BMR &TDEE

Hi everyone!

Wow i was confused to start-I thought less calories more excerise bound to loss weight....this hasnt been the case for me.

Having read up about diet and excerise it seems i can and should eat between 1480 and 1800 cals a day :noway: ...this seems like tons.... can someone verify this for me?

BM6 is 1476.35
TDEE is 2279.00

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Hi,

TDEE - 20% is the recommended levels.
    That would put it at 1824 so I guess 1800 is the number.

Good luck.
  • Seems weird eating that many and loosing weight-guess i will give it a go!
  • Pink_November
    Pink_November Posts: 38 Member
    You need food for energy & for your metabolism to get going. Other wise, your body will go into starvation and feed on your muscles.
  • Have been trying to lose weight since January. You know New Year new ME idea. Like fluffy_jules I to was under the impression of eat less + exercise more = lose weight. Boy was I wrong. I've put on over half a stone. I limited my calorie intake to 1400 and this is way too low. I also asked a friend who does SW she told me the same thing...not eating enough so today I start AGAIN. I should be eating just over 2000 calories a day :-) seems like loads. Just have to make sure it's the right combination :-) Good luck to everyone on they're weight loss journey :happy:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 751 Member
    Looks about right.
  • Thank you for you support - I will weigh myself this evening and again next week see what we come up with :)
  • Hi guys,
    So, weignhed myself and after and up and down time i weigh 1lb heavier - however i weighed in the evening this time so I think i am about level - but no gain :D

My head is in a positive state so am going to jeep goping - I love MYP!!!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Stay positive.

I started on MFP settings and nuthin happened for weeks until I checked it out on fit2fatradio.com.

Once I figured out TDEE and BMR, adjusted setting to TDEE - 20%, it worked......

Hit goal mid-January and maintaining since then which is also working well.
  • I spent 2 days starving on 1220 cals on MFP before looking at the TDEE yesterday. I binged last night (not good I know) and started fresh today. I'm working off 2007 cals now and it's the perfect amount of food. Pretty sure I've worked it right so I don't have to eat back exercise cals. Good Luck!!
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    eat more to lose more :D and lift weights. this will give you best results.