I have the desire and the drive..just need to move forward

Options
Hi All,

I recently came to the realization that I need to eat better and exercise more. Pant sizes and shirt sizes weren't going down automatically, so I figured in order to make that happen I need to make a change for me to make myself feel better. I bought a pair of track pants and a shirt..totaling under $15 so i havent invested alot to this drive I have, figured if i dont spend alot then im not losing out if my drive disappears. My goal is to lose 40 pounds hopefully by end of summer, since its too late to make the goal for the beginning of summer I figured end of summer would be good, that gives me about 5 months. I have several exercises in mind and the foods I have in my house aren't the healthiest but my worst enemy is the snacking throughout the day. So if I start simple and gradually go up from there then maybe the desire will continue. I hope to report weight loss as time goes on!

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    WELCOME!! :)
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello. You have taken the first and biggest step. You know you need to do something. Congrats. Now to keep going forward as you said. It isn't easy and some days are just the pitts but then you wake up the next day and do it again. Log everything you eat and you will be surprised what you find out about yourself (I know I did). YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Feel free to add me.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With the right attitude and committment, we can do anything. In reading your post, I'd change a couple things! The part you said about "if your drive disappears."...Take that out of there! It's almost like you're already making excuses for when you fail! And the last thing is change "lose 40 pounds hopefully by end of summer." to "I will lost 40 pounds by the end of summer". We all have bad days one here, they are not the end of the world, we just need to recognize them and then continue on the track we should be on to reach our goals. Feel free to add me.