Did anyone else feel the earthquake!!???

Options
jtotheno
jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
I am in Quebec, about 20 minute from the epicenter, and I thought my house was going to collapse!! Just curious about how far it was felt?

Replies

• Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It was felt in Windsor, Ontario Canada. I did not notice it. But i heard they evacuated city hall?
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    We felt it here in Buffalo, NY.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oshawa Ontario I felt it,

I've ehard Ohio, Milwakee, Pittsburg, NYC, New Hampshier Syracuse,

Ottawa, Ingersol, Toronto, Marham, Kingston, Renfew (all ont)
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Liverpool, NY
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    YES - too cool! Ashburn, Ontario Canada (north or Whitby)
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have relatives in upstate NY near Rochester and they felt it!! We had one here in the midwest a couple of years ago - it certainly is a crazy feeling!!!!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Not felt in the Boston area (or at least not by me).
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    OMG ! I would be terrified ,hope everyone is safe .
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    They felt it in Detroit, but not here where I am 30 minutes south of Detroit.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    It was felt here in London too! They evacuated two of our offices in North Bay and Toronto, crazy! From what I've heard it was a 5.2 and the only damage so far is minor. Hopefully that's right! :bigsmile:
  • gz960
    gz960 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm about 60 minutes north of Detroit...nothing. Didn't even know there was a quake.
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not here in New Mexico, just wanted to comment about it, thats crazy!
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    TOTALLY FELT IT.....was sitting at my desk and it started shaking!! I'm just a little south of Parry Sound!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kleinburg and was sitting on my porch drinking tea, but I totally missed it!

My husband, working downtown Toronto, felt it though.

(I'm just pleased everyone seems to be safe!)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I felt it in Toronto (Yonge & Yorkmills) hubby didn't feel it at Yonge Eglinton b/c he was on ground level. My dad felt it in Markham and my sister did in Hamilton.

5.5 on the scales, wow! Must have been more intense in the Quebec region considering that’s where the fault line was.

I told everyone in the lunch room to go under the table, only 1 person listened several people panicked and left the building where they could have been hit by falling glass and debris. Guess my “fire warden” status at work didn’t work in times of panic. Well I was safe and had a loaf of bread with me (just went grocery shopping at Yonge/North York) so sticking with me would have been a good idea, ha ha!

Shows just how unprepared Canada is for earthquakes.

Ps: Welcome G20 world leaders, a little terror threat for them must have been fun with the shaking, LOL!
  • Laura_H
    Laura_H Posts: 10
    Options
    Nothing here in Maine-but we did have a tornado....oh wait that was my kids, Sorry!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I totally felt it here in Ohio...though at the time I thought it was just the rumble of traffic....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It was pretty boingy here in Toronto.

Yep, the G20 security people must have peed their pants.:tongue:
  • NikkiLaFleur
    Options
    I'm a bit late but we felt it in Erie, PA too
  • day213
    day213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We felt it in Western New York...lots of houses shook but I was in a 4 story office building and it rumbled. I actually thought someone was moving furniture.

I thought about the G20 too! Ontario is having an exciting week!