So um...does anyone struggle w upper back fat???

Options
It's a weird question but I'm curious to see if anyone else struggles with weight in this area. Has anyone had success in getting rid of it? It makes me really self concious, especially in a bathing suit. It is so annoying and I am afraid it will not go away unless I drop a lot of weight because of my body type (more weight in hips/ab/upper back area and less weight on leg/thigh area). Any advice to help with this would be awesome! And success pics are always welcome!

Replies

• rwisner
    rwisner Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes....I am right there with ya. It's slowly disappearing though with reduced calories, cardio and weight lifting focusing on the back. It wont be an overnight process. Just hang in there and remain persistent!
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i used to. eat clean, exercise regularly and it will go away with time.... as your body starts to burn the fat, it will go from there as well.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's the same as fat anywhere, it only goes with weight loss.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used to. Not anymore. Lose some fat, lift some weights. Worked for me.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    On my second go-round with MFP. Had lost a lot more through straight cardio, then backslid; back fat was omnipresent. This time, incorporating yoga into my routine, I've noticed a huge difference in that area. So strength work and cardio.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

This.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: your back. Muscles are awesome!
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred and have seen a change in the my back fat already and I'm only half way done. If you are looking for something to help I'd recommend the 30 day shred. Also works all other areas as well.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My husband called it my "fat hunch". Gah. Just keep losing fat and it will come off when it wants to.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes, although I have a general overall back-fat problem, and I have the "apple" body type, where more of my weight is carried in my upper stomach, back, shoulders, boobs, and arms than what seems to accumulate in my lower abs, butt, thighs, and the rest.

I have noticed that as I lose weight, I do lose inches everywhere, as is the case for weight loss in general. There is no real good way to "spot-treat" an area. However -- the more weight I lose, the smaller my back rolls become, and the happier I am with my upper body overall. It is still larger than my lower half the way it always was, but I notice and appreciate the weight loss in my upper body more than anything else (though who doesn't like buying smaller jeans). :-)

I would say your best bet is to bite the bullet and lose weight. You will see the problem melt away, and it becomes less "awful" as it shrinks down, even if your body is still your body. Hope that makes sense!!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    My husband called it my "fat hunch". Gah. Just keep losing fat and it will come off when it wants to.

:laugh:
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes. Knowing my genetics, this will be the last place that it comes off...sigh. Sometimes I am jealous and wish I was a pear shape!
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned already: try 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels.
    I could see a great change in my upper back after 1st two weeks of working out.