Plateau

Options
Im a 54 yr old female..Started mfp Jan 2012..have lost 85 pounds..started at 281 pounds..now at 196 pounds..still need to lose another 36 pounds.have my settings set to lose 1 pound a week...have hit a plateau over the last couple months..don't lose anything for a couple weeks..lost one..been two weeks again, still nothing..in reading everyones posts, it seems maybe I need to raise my calories back up a little..I changed my settings from sedentary work to lightly active..it gives me an extra 130 calories/day..when should I notice a difference?

Replies

• CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    How clean is your diet? You can only do so much by counting calories. What about the exercise?
  • cindyjoesousa
    cindyjoesousa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat a healthy balance fruit, vegetables, proteins, carbs..low fat..low sugar..exercise 5-7 days a week..I work 12 hr shifts 3 days a week so on those days I usually only exercise 30 minutes..all other days I get at least 60 minutes in..
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    have you re-calculated your BMR since you lost all that weight?
  • cindyjoesousa
    Options
    When you say have I recalculated my BMR..are you referring to mfp settings?
  • cindyjoesousa
    Options
    Mark..I think you may have helped me stumble onto something..I have NEVER figured my BMR..until now..I just Googled how to calculate BMR..According to my calculations my body probably thought I was starving it..I was only giving myself 1400 calories/day and should be giving myself 1650/day to lose 1 pound a week..I changed my activity level on mfp today which raises my calories to 1530 a day..its still under but maybe I'll start to lose again..thank you so much..will let you know after a week.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Give it more than a week - especially if you've been undereating for a significant amount of time. Give it a month.
  • cindyjoesousa
    Options
    Im going to try it for awhile and see how it goes..
  • cindyjoesousa
    Options
    How have you lost 120 pounds? and over what period of time?