Best Nutrition Bars

Options
13»

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I hate Quest bars. They taste like poison.

My kids would agree. Though my 16 yr old still tries them sometimes.

When I was growing up, my mom was on a health food kick for awhile. Carob. rice flour pancakes. bleck bleck bleck.
    Potato Soup should never be made with fake butter and rice milk. that is so wrong!

but it ended up being good in that I got use to eating for nutrition, not taste. 'yummy' is a treat. if my dinner is yummy, that's great, if it's plain but has my nutrients, that's still good.
    but tasting like poison would be where I draw the line. (that be the apple pie and lemon flavors....)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I hate Quest bars. They taste like poison.

My kids would agree. Though my 16 yr old still tries them sometimes.

When I was growing up, my mom was on a health food kick for awhile. Carob. rice flour pancakes. bleck bleck bleck.
    Potato Soup should never be made with fake butter and rice milk. that is so wrong!

but it ended up being good in that I got use to eating for nutrition, not taste. 'yummy' is a treat. if my dinner is yummy, that's great, if it's plain but has my nutrients, that's still good.
    but tasting like poison would be where I draw the line. (that be the apple pie and lemon flavors....)

That depresses me. I love food. I'm happy I can eat foods that I enjoy and meet my nutrition goals at the same time ;)
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    --dm9yzKXh9ZfwutpCTGpGg1D3b_k1GCvmnu2y_G--rTwyKcSF3KAvFzWL3B0OI1LiJunQnTzyk1g778V0eQgSo9iFDa3rJchKsbZXkOa51cNtM3ywngasVBIEr2g0gKaKOfkgb4XyRonNxW8RiqKvdp8gUsMT4LAXglajMe_hgYgOIz3WNd=s220-c
    I love these

if you're good with 20g of sugar

I am
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Where do you get Quest bars? I've never seen them. Do I have to go to GNC?

You can get them on Amazon if you don't want to got to GNC, about the same price after you add shipping vs. tax.
  • Mikerails
    Mikerails Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the Quest bars. I have tried about every flavor they have. Several are only 160 calories, 20g protein, only 3-4 active carbs and all natural ingredients. Look at their website www.questproteinbar.com and compare their ingredients to just about any other bar. I think you will be impressed.

The taste is a personal thing as you have seen by the previous reviews. Some people love them, some hate them. In the past I think they have had some quality control issues with some bars being very hard. That seems to have gotten better in recent months (at least for me). As a couple other posts stated, if you put the bar in the microwave for 5-10 seconds they get very soft and chewy (Yummm).

I shop around for where to order. My latest order was from the Quest website. $22.50 per box of 12 ($1.88/bar), with a 10% discount for signing up for automatic reorder (which you can cancel at anytime for free), and only $4.95 shipping. This was the cheapest I could find this week.

My favorite flavors are:
    Chocolate Brownie
    Cinnimon Roll
    Apple Pie

Just order my 1st box of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Reviews online have been great for this flavor. Can't wait to taste it.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Kind Bars (any of the macadamia based ones are just WOW)

Lara / Lara Uber (Bananas Foster Uber is again.. WOW)

Gnu Foods Flavor & Fiber Bars (only 130 cal)

Greek Yogurt Bar (by Rickland Orchards)

Never tried Quest - are they high calorie? I usually keep snack bars to under 200 cal if I can (bananas foster uber is the exception)
  • browncurlz3
    Options
    Nogii peanut butter and choc are my FAV! I am gluten free, but even my non-GF hubby eats them. Perfect make-up of carb, protein, and fat. I literally feel like I am eating a candy bar for breakfast every morning!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Never tried Quest - are they high calorie? I usually keep snack bars to under 200 cal if I can (bananas foster uber is the exception)
    they seem to be 160-200 cals (from the ones I have eaten from the sample box)
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lara Bars can be a bit high in sugar, but the good news is it's natural sugars from the dates, fruit etc. I'd personally rather eat something higher in natural sugars than something with additives, preservatives etc. But again, that's my personal preference. :smile:
  • favreervaf
    favreervaf Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Most 'nutrition' bars are filled with sugars or other unecessary ingredients. You can get the same, or better more bioavailable nutrition from whole foods or raw veggies to snack on. If I had to chose one though, I like the KIND or KIND+ bars. They are gluten free and only have about 5-7 ingredients (fruits, nuts, honey, flax, etc.).
  • badfaith76
    Options
    Quest Bars are the absolute best. I love the chocolate brownie and new chocolate chip cookie dough. At GNC right now they are buy 3 bars get one 1 free until the end of the month.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bio protein bar- 23 g protein, 25% calcium, 30% iron, 36% fibre They come in double chocolate or chocolate covered peanut butter