Gaining and not losing!

Options
Ok so I've been working out the last few months now. I have been doing cardio, weight training, core excersizes, 3 times a week at least. I was at 195 for a while and now I'm at 205. I have changed my eating habits to healthier and in moderation. I have been drinking more water, taking multivitamin, and now I'm trying a meal replacement shake for either breakfast or lunch, (whichever is more convenient) What am I doing wrong?? Any thoughts?

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Assuming you're healthy, you're eating too much to create a calorie deficit. Weigh and measure everything you eat, log it, and once you have a baseline, trying cutting your calories by 10 percent.
  • kirstinheard
    kirstinheard Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ok thanks. I have been eating and trying to keep up with my calorie count on myfitness pal because I didn't know where to start. so I'll try this. thanks
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    ok thanks. I have been eating and trying to keep up with my calorie count on myfitness pal because I didn't know where to start. so I'll try this. thanks

You're welcome. It is very easy for all of us to underestimate what we eat. If you have time, read the recent thread in which a Registered Dietitian answered questions. His advice is mainstream, sensible, and works for the ordinary person trying to lose weight. He also has a good YouTube video on why some people's weight loss stalls. It's a combination of psychological factors together with their failure to continue creating a deficit as their weight falls.

For more in depth information, you might go to eatingacademy.com. I think there's a link that says "Start Here."