Stuck and not going anywhere. Please help

Options
Looking for some advice... I've been stuck at my weight for weeks now and it's not going anywhere like it did in the past. What do I need to do or increase???? I exercise almost daily. Yes I have been criticized I'm not apparently eating enough for what I do for exercise but I'm full and seriously cannot process the thought of even eating any more. Just looking for others input. Thanks!! Please feel free to add as a friend! Always looking for great supporters!!!!

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm switching to maintenance for a week in an attempt to rev up my metabolism. I've been stuck here since November. We'll see if that has any effect on my progress.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at this weight for months and I've finally decided to take everyone's advice and eat more. I'm doing TDEE-20%, it works out to about 300 more calories a day for me. I'm hoping it will make the difference. It's kind of daunting to look at MFP's recommendations and have it say that you will gain, but it also told me I would loose and that hasn't happened either!

This post was really helpful for me: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I've also changed my goal to a higher weight based on my current and goal BF%'s.

I hope it works. >.< lol

I know you don't feel like you could get the extra calories in, but 300 calories is just a bowl of rice and beans away. ^_^
  • bobajoul
    bobajoul Posts: 6
    Options
    Take a look at what the rest of your day is doing, just exercise is not enough. If you sit all day, that is the killer. Effective weight loss is a three legged stool- activity, diet and behavior.
  • jmspies_wechanged
    Options
    I don't sit all day. Actually I stand all day and move around. I'm a hair stylist and a busy mom who never sits still. For me to just sit for longer than 1hr doing nothing is not likely.
  • jmspies_wechanged
    Options
    @ Holothuroidea. Thank u for that info...very interesting!!!!!!!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your question. Probably not eating enough. Your diary is not open, but when I stalled and started eating more, I started losing weight again.
  • jmspies_wechanged
    Options
    Sorry. Opened it up to public
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You clearly already know what your issue is, and a peek at your diary confirms it: dear lord, EAT, woman!!! You're netting less than what a healthy toddler would eat in a day half the time!! I sit on my butt at a desk all day and couldn't even begin to sustain my body on what you're eating.
  • jodyharrowell
    Options
    I have been stuck on 60 kg for over a year now, in the last week I lost 0.6kg, I have been doing different things all week to be active. I think changing your routine can help as it shocks the body whereas if u do the same thing all the time your body gets used to it and wont shift weight
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I don't sit all day. Actually I stand all day and move around. I'm a hair stylist and a busy mom who never sits still. For me to just sit for longer than 1hr doing nothing is not likely.

You eat about 1100 calories a day and aren't hungry? I find that very hard to believe.

How big are you now? And how much weight do you think you need to lose? Do you really need to lose weight or just increase muscle and drop fat? In that case start lifting weights (and not 5 lb dumbbells either, heavy weights) and changes will happen very quickly. I'd also guess that not being hungry would cease to be an issue.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be very hard to up your calories without much changing what you eat, even. Don't get diet bread, get regular bread. You seem to like eggs for breakfast - why not put them in a tortilla with cheese and salsa? Or scramble them up with some broccoli slaw? Add some nuts, cheese, and/or avocados to your salads (spinach + pecans + feta + cranberries is a wonderful combo). Have a glass of milk with supper instead of diet soda. Little things like that could make a big difference to how many calories you're getting!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I found that my fat loss increased dramatically when I eliminated fake sugars, whether in Diet Soda or any other source. The only time I eat it now is when I have a protein shake.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I know, Im a broken record, eat more food.
  • KOULEE2011
    Options
    Hmm...it's very, very hard to maintain a calorie intake of 1,110 and not recommended yet you are doing it and are not losing weight? It's not good for your health. Are other parts of life okay? High stress level? Any depression? Anxiety? Relationship problems? Anything? I'm sorry, I hope you don't take offense, I'm just concerned. I think you should consider seeking professional advice. With that low of a calorie intake and not losing weight, I don't think anyone on here should give you advice because many things should be taken into consideration which only a professional should deal with. Don't go to a personal trainer or a gym. I'm talking about a dietician or doctor. Only those who are in serious health conditions are told to take their calorie intake that low. And for the record, just looking at your picture, I think you look just fine and don't need to lose weight. I think your next step, besides seeking professional advice, is to sculpt out your body. Increase your muscle definition. Best of luck and I hope you find the answer you are looking for!!!
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    In addition to eating more, I'll throw in Intermittent Fasting. Do a search on here and you'll find links to sources to read.
    It purportedly helps people break through their plateaus.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your diary and I agree with everyone else. You're eating too little even by MFP recommendations. I would try to hit your target calories every day, and eat back your exercise calories. MFP doesn't give you a maximum goal to eat under, it gives you a minimum goal to eat at or above. The calorie deficit you need is already accounted for in your calorie goal for the day.

There's already been some good advice for increasing your calories without increasing the volume of food you eat. If it seems daunting, try only increasing by 100-200 calories every week until you adjust.

Gook luck!
  • jmspies_wechanged
    Options
    I had a look at your diary and I agree with everyone else. You're eating too little even by MFP recommendations. I would try to hit your target calories every day, and eat back your exercise calories. MFP doesn't give you a maximum goal to eat under, it gives you a minimum goal to eat at or above. The calorie deficit you need is already accounted for in your calorie goal for the day.

There's already been some good advice for increasing your calories without increasing the volume of food you eat. If it seems daunting, try only increasing by 100-200 calories every week until you adjust.

Gook luck!

I have increased my calories and I'm making myself stop what I'm doing and eat more. We shall see what happens.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    A few questions that haven't been asked yet...

How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    What are your goals?
  • sirenical
    sirenical Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And if you are struggling to get adequate calories with what you are eating, throw in a protein shake!
  • labud1
    labud1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem ...was thinking of fasting to jumpstart ....what worked is eating half a rottiserie chicken and nothing else lost 2 lbs. ...ate the other half next day and lost another lb. sometimes you have to throw something new at your system .

people here will disagree with my advice but 2 days are not going to hurt ...worked for me...