Insanity Workout

Options
I am starting Insanity tomorrow... has anyone else used it? I know I am going to have to do it for more than just 60 days to get the total results I want but I am also going to go to the gym too. Does anyone have any suggestions to help?

Replies

• jensmith1984
    Options
    I loved Insanity!! I did it when I was very overweight and lost 30lbs and 10 inches off my waist! That was just in the 60days! I am starting again in May! (after I finish my round of Turbofire!) What kind of workouts are you going to be doing at the gym? Insanity is pretty intense I don't know if I could have done the gym on top of it also :) You go girl! If you have any questions about it or extra support shoot me an email! I have a support group on FB as well :)
    Jen Smith
    FB: @Jen.Smith8 IG: @Jen_D_Smith
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing week 4 today. I absolutely love it!!! I know for the first week there was no way I could have done anything else. It never gets easy but it does get easier as you go. I've lost 8 pounds so far and from what I understand from the people who have finished the majority comes off in the second month so I am looking forward to that. My best advice, make sure you are eating enough! I had to add a protein shake for those days when I don't get enough. DO NOT try to keep pace with the people in the videos, you will keel over and get discouraged if you do! Go as hard as YOU can and you will get there! Good Luck!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    I am on week two....should be week 3, but a stomach bug had me sidelined for a week. You burn a ton of calories and feel great when you are done. It is hard....really hard and there are some of the exercises I have to modify because of a back problem, but it is still a great workout. I do walk sometimes on top of the workout, but I don't know that I could do much more. Good luck to you and feel free to friend me.
  • ras9808
    ras9808 Posts: 1
    Options
    For those of you that have done Insanity, how do you keep track of your calories burned since its not listed as an exercise? I've been going back and forth between kickboxing and calisthenics vigorous effort. I'm starting month 2 and it just doesn't seem like its saying I burned enough calories.
  • kazitykaz
    kazitykaz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have done Insanity, how do you keep track of your calories burned since its not listed as an exercise? I've been going back and forth between kickboxing and calisthenics vigorous effort. I'm starting month 2 and it just doesn't seem like its saying I burned enough calories.

I use a heart rate monitor for my calorie burn during exercise. I have the polar FT7. I haven't started insanity yet (need to finish turbo fire first) I did though do the insanity fit test yesterday and burnt 197 calories. Although a HRM is still an estimate it is more accurate and tells you how many calories YOU burnt so you know it won't be overestimating.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I use my Polar FT4 HRM to track how many calories I've burned during each Insanity workout . I log the 40 minute workouts as Circuit training and manually add the calories from my monitor. The recovery day DVD I track as Yoga.
  • jensmith1984
    Options

I use a heart rate monitor also :)
  • sarajesssica
    sarajesssica Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 today, so I am just starting out! I absolutely love it though!
    I have been beyond sore, but it is a great feeling! Good luck in your journey! Feel free to friend me for support!! :)
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think if you can get a HRM that is a good idea - because if I hadn't had one whilst doing Insanity I would have estimated my burned cals WAY higher than I actually expended, pretty disappointing when you are working at 150%!!