6wks in, first goal met!

Options
anewlife1980
anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
I started MFP & my journey to a healthier me on Feb 11th, I have 6wks done, starting week 7 today & this morning at weigh in I lost 5.4lbs putting me at a grand total of 22lbs gone!! I am down 7.7" in my waist & 1 1/4" on my thighs!! I still have a long way to go but I am doing this in 20lb intervals so to have the first goal out of the way & be onto the 2nd goal feels amazing!! I don't see it yet myself & neither does my husband but while its 22lbs there is still over 120 more to go but that is ok, I will notice it soon I am sure. I think I will take a few pics tonite to compare to my original pics 6wks ago.

I have learned so much the past 6wks & I think one of the most important part is that support is key. MFP has been amazing, both my friends & all the posts here on the boards. Every time someone posts a success story, I get motivated to keep going.

Thanks for letting me share :-)

Replies

• jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations on your first 20 + 2 :drinker:
  • eduff3
    eduff3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you are doing GREAT!
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great progress! Congratulations!
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to tell a difference in yourself and people you see everyday...but with great progress like that I'm sure you will see it soon. Congrats on your journey so far, and to many more goals met!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    wonderful! and setting it up in smaller goals is a great idea
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Keep it going you already achieved a lot! :flowerforyou:
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That is really great!
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! I'm 12 weeks in and only down 10 lbs. You're doing a great job!!
  • TCB2day
    TCB2day Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Great Job! Thanks for sharing your success story. It inspires me to continue the journey. Best wishes and continued success!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing a great job. Support and motivation is key for sure. Feel free to add me if you would like additional support. We seem to have similar goals and I am working in 20lb increments as well (instead of looking at that big number daily and getting discouraged)! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!