Hi From Gluten Free

Options
I have been using the fitness pal for a few weeks now and have lost 20 lbs. I have celiac disease and am over weight. I have been on a gluten free diet for 2 months now and have had a lot of changes. Just wanted to say hello.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have been using the fitness pal for a few weeks now and have lost 20 lbs. I have celiac disease and am over weight. I have been on a gluten free diet for 2 months now and have had a lot of changes. Just wanted to say hello.
    Hello Wade ... congrats on the 20lbs ... keep up the goood work
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My mom and my cousin have celiac. My mom's had it for ten years now, crazy! I know it's way hard to eat a gluten-free diet, so kudos to you and good luck!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I am allergic to wheat so I do gluten free too and just started a month ago. Glad to have another. I started using the Paleo plan last week and really am feeling better.

Congrats on your loss!!!:drinker:
  • hnurcash
    Options
    I do not have celiac disease but I try to avoid gluten, I believe I have a sensitivity to it. (I can become very tired!). I have found a very good millet and flax bread (The same company makes some dynamite crackers!)

Twenty pounds is terrific!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • alannacoffey
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Celiac almost two years ago, and trust me, you are in for a journey!
    There are so many hidden things to look out for. If you have any questions or anything feel free to contact me!
  • wade1055
    wade1055 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks I have been on the diet for a year now. Some of my neurological problems have gotten better but it might take time. I am glad you caught it early and have started your diet so that maybe what is happening to me will not happen to you. I know it is tough especially when you are with friends who can have anything. But which will it be good health for the long run or being cool with your friends. Wade:smile:
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I looked into a Gluten Free diet to counteract my eczema and found a wonderful blog (which you may be familiar with). She has fabulous recipes and is so much fun to read: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/