Cant stop eatin in the morning.

lilbitofber
lilbitofber Posts: 10
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
After lunch time I eat maybe one snack then dinner and nothing. In the morning I wake up and 3-4 days of the week i do some aerobics then drink my coffee. By the time i get to work at 8 am I'm starving (i dont eat breakfast at home i eat when i get to work) and I eat so much in the morning. from 8-noon i am constantly eating. I dont understand why i get this way in the mornings. Is it better to try and even food out or is eating more at one time okay? This is my first time dieting and exercising at continuous days of the week. If I eat as soon as I wake up I feel sick so i wait til i get at work. I have been eating alot of fruits or veggies from 8-12 are those not filling me up. Any suggestions on things I could eat instead that will fill me up. Thanks to anyone who answers.

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    i would suggest that you eat in the morning when you are home, either some toast and juice or even oatmeal and try to stay away from all that snacking mayb a apple or something before lunch.. that what i do and it seems to have worked so gfar. my problem is when i am home on my days off i seem to eat more.
  • I eat kix cereal in the morning with lowfat milk. 1 1/4 cups of kix with 1/2 cup of lowfat milk is 150 calories and usually fills me up. It's worth a try.
  • :flowerforyou: I eat kix cereal in the morning with lowfat milk. 1 1/4 cups of kix with 1/2 cup of lowfat milk is 150 calories and usually fills me up. It's worth a try.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Many people who have been succesful in their weight loss have told me the following:

Eat like a King for breakfast,
    a Prince for lunch,
    and a Pauper for dinner

. . . so I really dont think you are doing too bad, but try to save some calories to have a small snack for dinner at least. You could be exposing yourself to blood sugar issues unless you try to feed your body more often. Lunchtime to the next day for breakfast, and not until after you get to work, is an awfully long time to go without eating.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 806 Member
    You should try and eat your breakfast within the first hour of waking. If you wait longer than that then you are putting your body into that starvation mode and your metabolism slows and your appetite speeds up! Also, if you are hungry all morning and snacking, I'd recommend eating a larger, more filling (fiber rich) breakfast. I eat weight control oatmeal and add in ground flax with berries and a cup of soy milk and am stuffed! I then eat a snack about 3-4 hrs later (always almonds for me....keeps the hunger away and is great source of protein) and am ready for lunch around noon. You can train your body in a way to be hungry when it is time to eat as long as you feed it and not let yourself get into that starvation/slow metabolism mode. Also, by drinking lots of ice cold water it will help with your snacking. Sometimes we are actually thirsty and our bodies perceive it as hunger. Just a thought! :)
This discussion has been closed.