What's Your OCD?

Options

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Making sure the doors are locked............

Ditto! And I check all over to make sure there are no murderers in the house before I go to sleep.

What do you do when you find one? I much rather he/she kill me in my sleep.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I know many ppl have varying degrees of OCD (sometimes whether they know it or not)

For me, its eerily similar to the DeNiro character in Silver Linings PLaybook, especially with Eagles and Phillies game. In fact, I can only be partially disuaded that they didnt win the 2008 World Series due to my secret magic voodoo.

When the Seattle Mariners had their awesome season (many years ago *sigh*), I had just purchased a Seattle Mariners scrunchie. Every time I forgot/wasn't able to wear it, they lost. They didn't always win when I wore it, but they usually did! I thought for sure there was some connection. :laugh:

But my OCD is making sure the doors are locked. I cannot relax or go to sleep unless I have checked several times to make sure every door in the house was locked. Sometimes I'll even make my poor husband go check just to make sure. I've even had to turn around and go home when I was on my way to work just because I wasn't sure if I'd locked the door. :ohwell: Hubby always teases me and says that I'm OCD.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You'll find me strightening shelves at the store-- I can't stand to see item out of place, esp movies. Oh and I don't work there. :blushing:
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am OCD about many things but one is that my clothes have to be hung in rainbow order. I can't stand when they are out of color symmetry.

Oops, I do that too. heh

Actually everything has an order. Gah... and you have to have clothes sorted by type too... tank, short sleeve, long sleeve, pull overs/button up... Don't judge.

This...all of it :ohwell: AND - the hanger must all be the same color and be facing the same way.

"NO WIRE HANGERS!!!" All mine are white plastic. I used to be really weird about the spacing as well. Had to let that go.

All mine are plastic but I have 4 different colors that correspond to a type of clothing. Pants on blue hangers. Sweaters and shirts on brown hangers. Dresses and skirts on pink hangers. Coats, jackets, and hoodies on black hangers. They are seperated in my closet.

Also numbers - they have to be even. The number of pieces of food I eat, the number of bites,etc - always even. I like symmetry and balance.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    every night I have to lock the back door probaly 3 or 4 times just to make sure its locked lol...ill lock it, shut the door, pause and then open the door & lock it again just to make sure lol....i cant just lock it once and walk away, the anxiety would be too much!! my mom actually has OCD so maybe I get this from her...?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Making sure the doors are locked............

Ditto! And I check all over to make sure there are no murderers in the house before I go to sleep.

LOL!
  • richard205
    richard205 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is the garage door down??

I have to drive back by after I've left the house about one minute later, just to make sure, a second time = at least once a week
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My OCD is cleaning.
    If I do it. LOL!
    I can't just give things a quick cleaning.
    I have to get every nook & cranny & sometimes i'll stop cleaning & do some touch up painting and spend a whole fricken day on a room.

My house has two extreme's:
    People ask me if I've been robbed or they wonder which magazine it's going to be featured in. :)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Organizing the refrigerator...

I live with my boyfriend and no matter how organized I get it, the next day everything is in the wrong place. I'm ready to put labels down...LOL
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    ear cleaning. I feel for my kids, but dang they have clean ears
    preening my eye brows. I am surprised I have any left

I think if I go any further I will look creepy.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    OWD15005_500.jpeg
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

I clean mine every day when I get out of the shower. I love the feeling. My mom used to clean ours when we were little.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    MY KITCHEN!
    It has to be clean!

Im the same way.. nothing can be on the counter. Dishes have to be done...
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I get rid of my nose hair. If one of my nose hairs tickles the inside of my nose, I go absolutely ape-shirt.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have to line up my yoga mat on a seam on the gym floor. if i'm not lined up on a seam I feel like my balance will be off adn I'll start to turn sideways on my mat. Whatever, don't judge. :)
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My husband would love me to have a cleaning OCD :laugh:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I count when I run, walk, jog, bike, swim, etc., but only when I'm alone. Sometimes I want to slap myself and say STOP IT! I just can't help it. I count steps jogged, pedals turned, tiles on the floor, stairs, cars, whatever is around. Sadly, I know that 20 right legged, pedals on my bike equals 1 tenth of a mile. The average basement stairs have 11-12 steps. 11 steps running equals 1 'dot' on my treadmill progress around the fake track. It takes 302 steps to get up my favorite hill while trail running/hiking. Blah blah blah. I know it doesn't bother anyone since I do it in my head when I'm alone, but it does annoy me sometimes. It bothers me even more if I randomly stop counting then have to start up again. Ugh!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I have to count stairs when going up or down them, alweys, even the ones in my house which I've lived in for 20 yrs.

when grocery shopping, all single serving items, like fresh fruit and veggies must be bought in an even number.

when lifting, my reps must be an even number, if I'm dying on an odd number rep, I WILL muster up enough strength to do one more and make it an even number.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options

Me too. I clean my ears everytime I get out of the shower and threaten my daughter's life if she doesn't do the same. Now that I work out almost everyday, I'm cleaning my ears twice a day...LOL

And socks. The little line across the top of the toes has to be straight and pulled snuggly before I put my shoes on. When I see people who pull their socks on any old kinda way, I want to punch them in the throat!!!

My DVD's have to arranged in the DVD holder in alphabetical order and returned to the carrier the same way.

Pictures on the walls have to be straight. When I go into someone's home and their pictures aren't straight, I wait till no one is around and straighten the ones I can reach...LOL
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Everything has to be just so. It is a pain, keys hung in same spot I can walk in and tell if my son has stopped by, I will walk over and move the desk chair an inch to put it back just where it is supposed to be (according to my brain). Kitchen must be super clean, bathroom like totally surgical suite clean.............OMG I live with myself and 2 dogs...........WHAAT?