What's Your OCD?

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    I have lots of OCD. I wanted my license plate to be "OCD OCD" but the AZDOT refused my request lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    For me it's the weight room. Pretty much all the benches and weights have to be uniform. So before I even just do my own workout (off the clock), I rearrange all the weights so they are uniform. Each rack has at least 4 of each (45's, 35's, 25's, 10's, 5's) and that the benches are square to each other. Other wise I'll start working out and then if it looks out of place I'll go fix it which causes me to lose focus on my workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Mine has to do with the ice machine at work. I hate it when people put the ice scoop, handle down on top of the ice. The handle that has been TOUCHED BY SOMEONE'S GERM RIDDEN HANDS *deep breath*, so I dig for my ice in the back of the ice machine. This is very awkward when someone is already at the ice machine and offers me ice from the front and I have to decline.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Whenever my kids move things that have a particular place in my house, it messes with me. If you borrow something, put it back! Don't move my brush. Don't move my screwdriver. Leave it ALONE!!!
  • RoseKatet
    RoseKatet Posts: 149 Member
    I with a lot of y'all with the clothes, hanging facing left in order of style and color. My towels have to be folded a certain way...if my kids try it makes me twitch lol
    At night I have to have closet doors shut but my bedroom door open (except for happy time :blushing: ) and my 9mm within arms reach :bigsmile:

ETA: Everything has to be even #'s....I don't know if it's a symptom of having twins or what but if I have an odd number of items I will buy accordingly to make it even, I have 2 girl cats, 2 boy dogs, 2 kids...a boy and a girl which makes 2 human boys and 2 human girls...and if you put it all together you have 4 girls 4 boys :laugh: one of the cats had a sister but i ended up finding her another home because 3 cats is to many and it made things uneven lol *deep breath*:drinker:
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    I also do things in even numbers. Absolutely cannot cope with uneven numbers. Also I wash my hands ... up to my elbows, all day long. Items also have to be straight, whether its something on the wall, coffee table etc.
    The towel in my bathroom must be hanging absolutely straight
  • htiafyenaffit
    htiafyenaffit Posts: 64 Member
    I count, touch, pace in the same place, ball my fist when im putting on clothes because fabric can't touch my palms..... but mostly my ocd like problem is my hypochondria, I think of a sickness, I feel the sickness, I have the sickness ... it is very debilitating but at times when I step back and think about it .. its very humorous
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member

And socks. The little line across the top of the toes has to be straight and pulled snuggly before I put my shoes on. When I see people who pull their socks on any old kinda way, I want to punch them in the throat!!!

DH lets his socks be half on/half off and doesn't seem to mind if they're sliding off!!! I don't understand how he can function.
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    I have to line up my yoga mat on a seam on the gym floor. if i'm not lined up on a seam I feel like my balance will be off adn I'll start to turn sideways on my mat. Whatever, don't judge. :)

Haha, that one made me giggle. I was once talking to someone in a gym, or she was talking to ME rather, and something on the far end of the gym wall was off center.... It was driving me so insane that I had no idea what she was talking about and finally I interrupted her and asked, "Why do you think they hung that off center like that? Did they know?"

I like symmetry. I like counting, my eggs in the crate have to balance. My PLATE has to balance like meat, sides, have to be in certain spots, I will be caught spinning my plate around and around until its right, I've been known to MOVE a side if it just wasn't working.

I like things the way I like them. Driving routes, the order in which I do things... if someone else does it wrong, it's like an ice pick in my head screaming, "they're doing it wrong, they're donig it wrong."

So I'm not sure if thats all OCD or control issues. LOL.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    When I do dishes by hand, I have to follow this order:
    SIlverware
    Cups
    Bowls
    Plates
    Tupperware
    Pots and Pans.

If one of the kids brings a fork over and I am washing bowls, it doesn't get washed.

Also, I hang my clothing by category.. It goes from easiest to access to hardest to access:
    Clothes worn once but not enough to warrant washing without another partial day's wearing
    Belts
    Laze about clothing
    Jeans
    T-shirts (This gets subdivided into with graphics, then sporty t's, and then plain t's)
    Khaki style pants
    Polo shirts
    Suit pants
    Dress Shirts
    OA Class B uniforms
    Boy Scout Class B uniforms
    Long Sleeved shirts

Stuff gets hung towards the back as it gets cleaned so everything goes through the rotation.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    OCD... Yep I have that. We are all mad here.....
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    You down with OCD, yeah you know me....
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    I am OCD about many things but one is that my clothes have to be hung in rainbow order. I can't stand when they are out of color symmetry.

Oops, I do that too. heh

Actually everything has an order. Gah... and you have to have clothes sorted by type too... tank, short sleeve, long sleeve, pull overs/button up... Don't judge.

This...all of it :ohwell: AND - the hanger must all be the same color and be facing the same way.

Of course!
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Everything in my cabinet and fridge have to be in a straight line and i always check to be make sure lights are off in rooms and faucets arent running or dripping and make sure the toliet isnt running.. drives my husband insane b/c we have been late for family gatherings b/c of me running around checking everything...
  • Joe7178
    Joe7178 Posts: 105
    All protein containers/ supplements NEED to look neat
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    I wish I had OCD
    Im very lazy House keeper
    Im not a very Good Studier
    I hate shopping
    Cooking is annoying

To me Im comfortable living laid back. I have no form of OCD
    (so I guess If I could pick an OCD it would be to care more)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    I know many ppl have varying degrees of OCD (sometimes whether they know it or not)

For me, its eerily similar to the DeNiro character in Silver Linings PLaybook, especially with Eagles and Phillies game. In fact, I can only be partially disuaded that they didnt win the 2008 World Series due to my secret magic voodoo.

thats not OCD...thats being a good fan.

for me its checking my wallet, keys and phone when im out. i probably check them more than i need to. never lost any of them though so there's that...
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    I have to enter my work building through the second door, opened with my right hand or my whole day is f*cked up.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I used to be OCD about cleaning the house, then I had kids hahaha. Seriously my husband says I vacuum way too much.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    -Handwashing
    -Not being able to toss anything (I have every paystub ever received in chronological order, separated by place of employment, going back to 1997).
    -Numbers (I can memorize employee numbers at work without trying, and I memorize phone numbers; could memorize entire sections of notes in high school/college).
    -Cannot STAND covers being off things. OMG. The hubby leaves the cap off the toothpaste and leaves covers loose all the time (olive oil, mouthwash, etc.).