Goodbye size 12!!!!

Options
rmbslo
rmbslo Posts: 28 Member
I have been using MFP for just over a year. I reached my goal last July and lost 31 lbs and have managed to maintain my weight. When I first started I wore a size 12/14 and now I am in a 6/8. For some reason I just have held onto the larger sized clothing. Today I was on FB and saw post of a woman size 12 who was in need of pants. So I did it I got rid of all my size 12. I am grateful that I held onto them because they are all in excellent condition and now someone else can use them. I did save my favorite pair of 14 just to remind myself how far I have come :)

Replies

• belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    Good for you. That is all the reflection of YOUR hard work. keep it up!
  • Summit481
    Options
    Wow, great for you! That is my goal, too...I'm closer to a 14 right now, cannot believe it...but am keeping the faith I can post what you just did in the not too distant future! Way to go.
  • Loves2stitch
    Loves2stitch Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping o get there I am a 14 now would like to make a 10 I guess it's one day at a time :-)

Have any tips ?
  • ElainePten
    Options
    I was in a large 14/small 16. I used a different program than mfp. i lost 37 lbs. My Mom died and I gained 20. (Can't believe it!!!) Now today is my first day with mfp. I'm in a large 12/small 14. Can't fit into alot of nice size 12 dresses I bought. I gave away my size 14 clothes so that I wouldn't have it as an excuse. Guess it's good because I have to lose weight. I hope I can have success stories like many of you. WE CAN DO IT!!!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

(UK 12 or US 12?)
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Now that's awesome! I too will be saying by to 14, 12 and 10's real soon :)
  • slcrane90
    slcrane90 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Today is my first day with myfitnesspal and I have a lot to loose, but I am motivated and ready to start!!!
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A NSV that gives to someone else is fantastic. Very kind of you to think of others while celebrating your success.
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! - & nice way to pay it forward!!! ... My 12's are too big, but i don't have the courage to go & try on a smaller size! -

Truth is, i think that I sqeezed into a 14 & 12 for soo long that I think i probably should have been in a larger size orginally - so until its truly time, I'll just keep pulling my belt tighter...

One day soon, I'll be ready! 8)
  • KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's great to donate good clothes that no longer fit and also to remove any thought of ever needing them again. I've read that the average American woman is a 14 (or in some articles, they say it's 12).

There is no shame in any size IF you are at a healthy weight, and I use BMI to define that for me.
  • rmbslo
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words!!! I must a admit I tried on every pair I am giving away just to make sure they didn't fit, so funny :) Good luck everyone with your journey, feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other :)
  • rmbslo
    Options
    US size 12 SpecialSundae :)
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's my goal! Thanks for inspiring me!!!!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, my size 12-16 clothes from last year were all given away to my best friend this past weekend. I have been slowly getting rid of things but this weekend once and for all I got rid of it all, kept nothing. I have one dress and two skirts I am getting altered down because I love them and do not have the finances to get too many clothes.

Went out this weekend and shopped for summer clothes for our upcoming trip and bought size S/M and size 8!!!! It felt AMAZING!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Good Job!
  • elm57
    elm57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • blackwidowdancer82
    blackwidowdancer82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's wonderful news!
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am on the ame journey. I have lost 33 pounds in the last year. I started at a size 16. Saturday, I bought size 8 shorts and capris for a trip in a couple of weeks and some medium blouses. A friend was with me and shopped my closets for my last years shorts, capris, jeans and tops. I have given some of my clothes away already to another friend and Suited for Success. I am like you and am trying the clothes I loved one last time before I part with them. It really feels good.
  • SusanKKO
    SusanKKO Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great that you've maintained your loss.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good work...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!