Goodbye size 12!!!!

rmbslo
rmbslo Posts: 28 Member
I have been using MFP for just over a year. I reached my goal last July and lost 31 lbs and have managed to maintain my weight. When I first started I wore a size 12/14 and now I am in a 6/8. For some reason I just have held onto the larger sized clothing. Today I was on FB and saw post of a woman size 12 who was in need of pants. So I did it I got rid of all my size 12. I am grateful that I held onto them because they are all in excellent condition and now someone else can use them. I did save my favorite pair of 14 just to remind myself how far I have come :)

Replies

• belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Good for you. That is all the reflection of YOUR hard work. keep it up!
  • Wow, great for you! That is my goal, too...I'm closer to a 14 right now, cannot believe it...but am keeping the faith I can post what you just did in the not too distant future! Way to go.
  • Loves2stitch
    Loves2stitch Posts: 15 Member
    I'm hoping o get there I am a 14 now would like to make a 10 I guess it's one day at a time :-)

Have any tips ?
  • I was in a large 14/small 16. I used a different program than mfp. i lost 37 lbs. My Mom died and I gained 20. (Can't believe it!!!) Now today is my first day with mfp. I'm in a large 12/small 14. Can't fit into alot of nice size 12 dresses I bought. I gave away my size 14 clothes so that I wouldn't have it as an excuse. Guess it's good because I have to lose weight. I hope I can have success stories like many of you. WE CAN DO IT!!!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Way to go!

(UK 12 or US 12?)
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Now that's awesome! I too will be saying by to 14, 12 and 10's real soon :)
  • slcrane90
    slcrane90 Posts: 35 Member
    Congrats to you! Today is my first day with myfitnesspal and I have a lot to loose, but I am motivated and ready to start!!!
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    A NSV that gives to someone else is fantastic. Very kind of you to think of others while celebrating your success.
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    GREAT JOB! - & nice way to pay it forward!!! ... My 12's are too big, but i don't have the courage to go & try on a smaller size! -

Truth is, i think that I sqeezed into a 14 & 12 for soo long that I think i probably should have been in a larger size orginally - so until its truly time, I'll just keep pulling my belt tighter...

One day soon, I'll be ready! 8)
  • KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    It's great to donate good clothes that no longer fit and also to remove any thought of ever needing them again. I've read that the average American woman is a 14 (or in some articles, they say it's 12).

There is no shame in any size IF you are at a healthy weight, and I use BMI to define that for me.
  • rmbslo
    Thank you everyone for your kind words!!! I must a admit I tried on every pair I am giving away just to make sure they didn't fit, so funny :) Good luck everyone with your journey, feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other :)
  • rmbslo
    US size 12 SpecialSundae :)
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    That's my goal! Thanks for inspiring me!!!!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    I did the same thing, my size 12-16 clothes from last year were all given away to my best friend this past weekend. I have been slowly getting rid of things but this weekend once and for all I got rid of it all, kept nothing. I have one dress and two skirts I am getting altered down because I love them and do not have the finances to get too many clothes.

Went out this weekend and shopped for summer clothes for our upcoming trip and bought size S/M and size 8!!!! It felt AMAZING!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Good Job!
  • elm57
    elm57 Posts: 15 Member
    Fantastic!!!
  • blackwidowdancer82
    blackwidowdancer82 Posts: 14 Member
    Way to go! That's wonderful news!
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Congratulations!!! I am on the ame journey. I have lost 33 pounds in the last year. I started at a size 16. Saturday, I bought size 8 shorts and capris for a trip in a couple of weeks and some medium blouses. A friend was with me and shopped my closets for my last years shorts, capris, jeans and tops. I have given some of my clothes away already to another friend and Suited for Success. I am like you and am trying the clothes I loved one last time before I part with them. It really feels good.
  • SusanKKO
    SusanKKO Posts: 45 Member
    Congratulations! That's great that you've maintained your loss.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Good work...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!