BMR weight loss plan help?

Options
I've worked out my BMR and increased my target calories to this amount. My current idea is to eat my 1588 BMR each day and then burn as many as possible.
Is this the right way to do it or should I try and new at 1588 even with burn? I still want to lose weight fairly rapidly and I've been losing 2lbs a week but it's starting to plateau.

Help please? Positive advice only please, I'm trying.

Replies

• syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    How much were you eating before? Everyone is going to tell you that 2lb/wk is the most you'll want to lose. (And they'll be wrong).

If you can calculate how much you were eating before to compare it to this new figure you would have a better set of numbers to create estimations on. Just randomly deciding to eat at your BMR may put you higher than you were eating before. (Or lower.)

Your plan of eating to BMR and then burning calories will definitely lead to weight loss, but the comparision of time for pounds is up in the air; you're going to lose weight, that's for sure, but the amount of time it takes, is always an "on paper" estimate.
  • charlie00134
    charlie00134 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if weight loss slows. I was on 1200 calories before but I'd start feeling a little ill once a week so I think it was too little to maintain. Before I was dieting I was easily over 2200 calories on a good day.
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    Good call increasing your calories when you felt bad! It'll be easier going now that you can eat a bit more.

I'm honestly finding it hard to think of what I'll eat when I'm done with my deficit; going from 1200 and lower up to a maintenance amount of calories seems like eating a feast in my eyes right now.
  • charlie00134
    Options
    I'm struggling to talk myself into eating more. It's weird how much my mindset has changed.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is 2200, then 1588 sounds like a good calorie goal, then eat some of your exercise calories back.
  • charlie00134
    Options
    2200 is just what I was eating before I started losing weight I think. I have a 1900 TDEE according to my basic activity level but I make an effort to go for a walk in the morning and at lunch so I push to about an extra 400 most days.
    Wasn't planning on eating them back though, should I be doing?