Getting Frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Girl, just keep doing what you are doing! 7 lbs is an awesome loss. I haven't lost one lb in 2 months but when I measure myself and look at myself and put on my clothes it is clear that I am loosing weight. Many things from your life can make you gain water weight, sojust quit focusing on the number on the scale. Quit stepping on the scale and let your clothes and measurements do the talking!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to tweak things a little because we're all different. Perhaps try eating only 3/4 of your exercise calories back?

I'm still struggling, too, but I know part of my problem is lack of consistency.
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do 6 hours of a combo of cardio and strength each week. I eat about 1300-1450 cals a day. In 9 weeks, I've lost 8lbs and I think that's awesome. I'd love to lose more but it is a marathon not a sprint. Just keep at it. Focus on your size and inches and not the scale. I only get on the scale once every four weeks so the fluctations here and there don't bug me.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I exercise 3x a week at the gym and 2x a week at home and I'm at a standstill. I gained .8 pounds and I'm afraid to get back on the scale. I consume 1200 cal and I weight 250lbs. Do I need to exercise more or increase my calories? Any feedback would be appreciated and very helpful!

Unless your doctor has restricted you to 1200 for medical reasons, my opinion (and only my opinion) is that you aren't eating enough. I started at 211 and am eating 1500 each day. Otherwise, I am starving and binge.

For OP, you have done great for 2 months. Strength training sometimes causes an initial increase in weight which may be why you aren't seeing a higher number down on the scale. Sounds like you are doing a good program. Give it another month or two and then if needed, make adjustments. Good luck
  • JAnundson
    JAnundson Posts: 23
    Options
    bump