Anybody need a laugh?

Options
Okay, let me start by saying that I am not soliciting any workout advice. I just think it's important that sometimes we can laugh at ourselves.

I tried the 30 day shred. It was comical at times. I was sore on the second day, but I attempted to try the video again. I was unable to do the full workout. I conned my husband into doing the video because I thought he would like it. He was really hurting too. He isn't in great shape, but isn't really overweight either. Our 15 month old daughter was mocking him when he was dying (huffing and puffing), and we were both laughing so hard.

The day after that, we were both so sore that we could hardly move. My legs were jello for a full day. His arms killed him. The cardio gave me nightmares. I am really out of shape. Every time we needed to pick something up off of the floor we were doing rock, paper, scissors. That's how bad we were hurting. Our 3 year old twins we having a blast mimicking the way we were moving (sitting down, going up stair, ect.)

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I used to mock my mother when she was doing Jane Fonda workouts in the 80's. Little did I know how bad cardio can kick your *kitten*.....
  • debege
    debege Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Know we know huh? We had so much trouble with opposite parts of the workout, so we were teasing each other.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    unrelated but I feel like this post needs a joke :

what do skeletons say be for they eat?

BONE appetite!!!
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ok...so the 30-Day Shred is different that The Shred book.. Interesting they can use the same terminology. I just go The Shred book and was thinking "it didn't come with a video"! Then I googled it and realized the video is Jillian Michaels. So much out there !! good luck. And I think humor is so important :-)
  • kevinthegreat
    Options
    That was good of you to add, and yes this thread did need a joke.

But still the imagery of that woman and her man trying to go up the stairs after being wrecked from the workouts was prertty funny.
    No to mention that her 3 year old twins mocked them (well not quite mocked....
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Too cute.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did 30ds for the first time Friday. I will attempt it again today. I was imbolized for the entire weekend. Still a bit sore today, but will push through.....LMMAO!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    i tend to do the same when trying something new.
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    I used to mock my mother when she was doing Jane Fonda workouts in the 80's. Little did I know how bad cardio can kick your *kitten*.....
    JANE FONDA! Flashback to college!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    9/10 after leg day, the way I walk makes people give my Darling congratulatory looks.
    Shoulders/bi's/tri's days make me literally wince and say "OooOooh, it hurts so GOooood!!"

The masochistic side of me loves the pain.
  • tmoreno422
    Options
    Ha Ha...geez now you just made me feel old. I used to do the Jane Fonda workouts and my daughter would laugh at me too! :laugh:
  • tmschulte1
    tmschulte1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You have to start somewhere right? Just keep doing the modfied moves and you will get stronger! Then your kids won't laugh at you, they will join in the workout with you! That's what my twins +1 does anyway!
  • debege
    debege Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    9/10 after leg day, the way I walk makes people give my Darling congratulatory looks.

This made me laugh. Too funny.

I could not ever make fun of my parents. My friends and I challenged my dad to a foot race when we were junior high age or so. He beat us without any problems. I have always been slow, but my dad made even my friends look slow.