5'4" 1/2 and 190 lbs.--wanting goals

Options
Im trying to set up a realistic goal for myself.... even being a certain height , your goal weight also depends on your body type

im 5'4" 1/2 - 190lbs. I wear a large shirt and size 14 pants

if you have a similar height and size, what are your goal weights?

I'm thinking 145 for myself???

Replies

• marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal is 145. I think that is a weight that I could maintain and it is under the overweight range. I think that is a good goal. You can add me if you would like :)
  • AndreaEliz93
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and 144.8 pounds currently, my start weight was 163. I am a medium frame so I wear medium size shirts and size 12 pants, my goal is to get to 130-135 and be able to wear size 10 again... I know that some girls on here who are in the 5'4'' range have goals for 115 or so.. My doctor says that I wouldn't be able to maintain a weight below 130... so I shouldn't really bust my tail to try to be down that low when I won't be able to keep it that way very easily.

Everyone is different! I think the ideal weight range for 5'4'' is like 115 to 150 or so! So Yes, I think 145 is a great goal! :) Good Luck!
  • kim_mcintire
    Options
    I think you are right on with your goal! You want to be a weight that is not a nightmare to maintain. If you feel good, and look nice in your clothes- then that is the most important thing of all!! Good luck to you!!!
  • mbourke8
    mbourke8 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 1/2 and a muscular build. I currently wear a size 8 and my smallest adult size was a 4/6 (in my 20s). I'd like to get there again but I think I would have to be restrictive all of the time in my food and I'm not willing to do that.
    I started at 175# 3 years ago and lost 35 lbs. In maintenance stage I've fluctuated between 5-7# over that. I don't eat whatever I want, but I'm not ridiculously restrictive, and I like my beer :) Good beer.
    I also work out hard (running, HIIT, Boot Camp, Spin) for at least 2- 3 hours a week but usually around 4-5 hours a week.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    There are lots of kinds of goals! I would suggest setting some performance and behavior goals, not just weight goals.

Examples:

Log everything.
    Exercise X times per week.
    Eat 25 grams of fiber per day.
    Stay within 1500-1700 calories...
    Run 3 miles.
    Learn to do push-ups or pull-ups.

Also, take measurements and pictures! Even if you are not happy to take pictures now, you will be so glad you have them for comparison. As you get fitter, you may have times when the scale is not encouraging, but you will have your measurements, pictures, and new achievements to keep you motivated.

You're on the right track for weight- start with 145, and depending on your body type and composition, you may decide you want to be heavier or lighter. Go by the mirror and how you feel.

Good luck!!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 1/2 and my highest weight was 159, my lowest was 125 (I am trying to get back to that) and my current is 137
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I'm 5"4", with broad shoulders. I looked amazing at 125, and looked good at 150 (oh so long ago), and 150 is my current long term goal (I'm currently working on a short term one). When I get there, then I'll reconsider. Or not.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I m now 5'3" and 176 lbs. Size large Shirt and a 10/12 pants or dress. At 190 I was a 14/16 pant and dress and XL shirt

My first goal was 160, I changed it to 150-155 and considering 140. I think though I would be happy at a solid size 8 maybe a size 6 but I don't see myself being smaller than that.

My average size in high school (20 yrs ago it was the last time I was under 200) was a junior 9-11. I was big then as everyone I knew was a 0 or 00. I want to be healthy and lean looking. I'm not sure if that will be possible with all the extra skin though. :(
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Am 5' 4" want to get down to 145 lb :) if i like how i look i will maintain it if i don't i will carry on :) am an hour glass shape so i carry my weight well (if ya get what i mean :) )
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 3/4" with a big frame. Looking at photos from when I was around 120 lbs, I look like I need more meat on my bones. As I can't pick where the weight comes off, I'm not going to sacrifice having a great looking behind at the expense of my face. I suggest mini goals and see what you think when you reach each one, as I'm doing.