Clothing Exchange

Options
I don't know if this will fly, but is anyone interested in a clothing exchange? I've seen a lot of posts about people needing to get rid of clothes that have become to large for them and being able to afford a bunch of new clothes. This could be great for a lot of people! Is anyone interested? Anyone have ideas on how we could arrange this?

Replies

• bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to donate some in Utah but don't know how you could arrange it. I have already given a lot of mine away but have a few left. I'm hoping to use my old levis for quilts though so it would only be some shirts. You could always donate to good will and maybe buy some nice clothes there until you reach your goal. I probably should have done that because I bought new pants (not so many shirts) and then had to replace them in a few months. I'm not complaining though!!!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Great idea, I think it would be kinda hard since clothes fit people differently. But if somebody can figure it out it would be awesome. I have that problem right now, my clothes are getting too big and I'm going back to work tomorrow after being on maternity leave. I'm going to look like poo going back to work with the clothes I have. Bahhhh.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have to get new ones before I can give mine away! :happy: Yes, clothes fit everyone differently but wouldn't one in your size that doesn't fit well be better than one that's way too BIG that doesn't fit well? I think so. In a little while, I'll have some 14-sized clothes to give away.
  • embalita
    embalita Posts: 3
    Options
    I like this idea. Of course Goodwill is great, but you could easily run yourself up $50 on two or three outfits at goodwill, when less than $5 will send the same couple of outfits anywhere in the country. When you're losing a lot of weight, having to do that several times over seems like a hassle. I have just a few size 10 clothes I wouldn't mind getting rid of, and hopefully some size eights soon. Not sure how to do it though. I guess just through forums? If you can connect with someone who was your current size, you can then take it to private emails to work out details. Anyway, if anyone is interested, send me a message!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So maybe post what size clothes you have and what you're looking for. If you see what you're looking for PM the person or if you have the size someone needs. Pictures and details can be worked out between the exchangers. I assume the one getting the clothes would paypal the sender the shipping money unless it was an exchange both ways.

So, I'll start. I have SIZE 18 and 20 jeans and skirts to give away. I have a few 1X and large fitting XL tops to give away.

I'm looking for SIZE 16 jeans and skirts and XL tops!
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I was on a website that had a clothing exchange. They basically did exactly what you are all talking about. They would usually ship the clothes freight collect and then you wouldn't even have to worry about exchanging money. That was before paypay became so easy to use.
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What does "Bump" mean? I see it all the time.
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    that they want to come back later and see this topic again it's easier to fine if you put something in the remarks
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have a nice newer pair of black pants in an 8. And lots of 2-4T kid clothes for the mommys, lol.
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am in Charlotte, NC and I would love to do a clothing swap
  • angelae39
    angelae39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The post office offers boxes that are flat rate shipping based on the size of the box. It would be worth it to pay $5-$15 dollars for a box of clothes that fit.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that they want to come back later and see this topic again it's easier to fine if you put something in the remarks

it is also to keep it at the top of the forum, you think it is important, you don't want to lose it, you want others to see it too
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea....it would definitely benefit some people.
  • CathyMT
    CathyMT Posts: 5
    Options
    This is a great idea! Has anyone every seen Paperbackswap.com? You post 10 of your books by ISBN and get 2 starter credits. Every time someone requests one of your books and you send it to them you get 1 credit. You can then request others' books with your credits. (they also do DVDs and CDs). It would take some setting up for a clothing exchange to work that way, but I imagine would be possible.

I have a pair of size 16 Cristopher Banks jeans that are like new that are too big now someone can have for shipping.
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have given17 bags of clothing away to the kidney foundation so my closet is a little naked now. I cant keep up with the weight being lost so rapidly. So this would be a great idea since I am working on my next set... i live in Charlotte NC. I went from 22 to 13/14 and i starting on my second drop down. Lets put our minds together. it looks like it would have to be according to area but maybe we can do it all on the same day and come back on and discuss our great findings????:love:
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm in Columbus, Ohio..and soon to be out of all my 12s!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump.. this is a great thread :) I don't have anything to offer as I have donated most of my clothes since I'm moving across country but.. haha! Love the idea! (as I sit here in jeans that are only held on thanks to my belt..)

1005334.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great ideas...I'm trying to work on something too. Will keep you all posted!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    This is an AWESOME idea...
    I started out at a 20( should have been a 22 but I was in denial lol)...Now I am in a loose 18...going into a 16....
    So soon..I will have some 18's to give away!!!!