Hi from Oshkosh

Options
I just started back on the weight loss wagon and am finding this site very useful. 62 years old (for another 2 months anyway) , married, no kids but 2 stepkids (grown) and 2 stepgrandkids (growing). Hubby and I have four parrots, two cats and a Pomeranian dedicated to his mommy (me!). I'm semi-retired, sell items on Ebay for fun and profit. My hubby and I also have our own ghost investigation team and we generally work in the east-central Wisconsin area. If you are interested, you can find some of our results on my Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/fvshkatie

So far, 7 lbs gone! A long way to go!

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Melodrom
    Melodrom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!

7 pounds that's great. How is live in Oshkosh? I never heard of a place name like this but then again I am originally from Germany and we have some wonderful sounding place names. :smile: , too.

Greetings from England

Saskia
  • fvshkatie
    fvshkatie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Saskia,

Oshkosh is a very fine little city of around 60000 people. It is named after a local indian chief from long ago. It is famous for the Experimental Aircraft Association, which has a huge convention every year and people from all over the world including Germany fly in to experience it. Ask any pilot about the EAA convention or "going to Oshkosh". That is probably Oshkosh's main claim to fame.

Nice to hear from you. I have just found out that my mother's family originally immigrated to the USA from Andelfingen, Germany so I am very curious about that area and the people there.

Have a wonderful week!

Katie
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am originally from Beloit, but have lived in Texas for many years now. Did take my kids to live in Beloit for a year so they could appreciate the seasons that we don't have here and to get a break from the hurricanes. Congrats on the choice to use MFP as a weight loss tool. Glad to know another from Wisconsin. I still have a lot of family spread all over the state.

OH I have to add that my maiden name is Schultz and my great grandparents, who were from the Viroqua area immigrated from Germany also......
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My dad was born and raised in Oshkosh and we spent a lot of time there growing up. My grandparents lived there until they passed away. My grandpa worked at Golden Gurnsey back in the 70's. I have very fond memories of times spent on Lake Winnebago and our time visiting family in Poysippi. :) Gotta love the city names in great Wisconsin!!! I currently live just north of Milwaukee, in Grafton. We are very close to Lake Michigan, only a few miles.

You are doing great on your weight loss journey. Never easy in Wisconsin when it is so cold and the weather is so unpredictable, especially this time of year. Springtime weather should be right around the corner...I hope!!!