Your favorite foods

Options
So my absolute favorite food is Lasagna. I only make it once or twice a year, just to savor the yumminess. Well last night was THE night. I made homemade lasagna with my homemade spaghetti sauce. While it was cooking I figured up all the calories, fat, protien, carbs....(you get the point) and while it was a lot to spend on one meal, I was all for it because I only have it once or twice a year. After I ate my carefully measured out proportion I just sat there, not enjoying the fact that I had just had my favorite meal of all time. I was actually disappointed that I had just used up all those calories and fat grams on that one piece of lasagna.:sad: So it got me thinking.....

Who else used to LOVE to eat something, but now that they are trying to eat healthier, their favorite food just doesn't seem worth it anymore? And what was it?

Replies

• HOPEful27
    HOPEful27 Posts: 56
    Options
    Chicken Fried Steak covered in white gravy!!!!!!!!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    My favorite it Lasagna too!!! I can't just eat a small portion, so I stay away from it all together :sad:
  • smarshalln
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE Cheese cake...any kind, with or without toppings...but I have not had any even though I pass the cheee cake factory on my way to work..=(..but when I will a piece I will moderate with my slices..opps..slice lol
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My favorite foods are pizza and mexican (I do love a good lasagne too!)

I do indulge in pizza every once and a while, there is a brew pub that I love to eat at and they have half price thin crust pizza (and half price pints) on sundays. My bf and I share the pizza with a salad. But I am not drinking for a while either so maybe in a few months I will go back for another treat.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Mexican - chips and salsa are the best!!!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE Cheese cake...any kind, with or without toppings...but I have not had any even though I pass the cheee cake factory on my way to work..=(..but when I will a piece I will moderate with my slices..opps..slice lol

OMG me too!!! During week 1, my DD was home from the military and she and I were out for a day of shopping and stopped at lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I did well for lunch and gave into a low-carb plain cheesecake. I of course ate the entire thing, but counted it and it never seemed to affect my loss because I lost 7 pounds that week!

Couldn't do that every week, but I think once in a while we have to allow ourselves the things we tag as "forbidden".
  • kporumb
    kporumb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I so love Buffalo Wings...... Haven't had them in a while. I could sit here and name a ton of food but Buffalo Wings have to be at the top!
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I went through a stage of loving KFC (I blame my boyfriend, I'd never had one until I met him!) but after beginning to eat healthier and reading fast food nation I wouldn't dream of it.
  • blackdove1
    Options
    A cheeseburger and mcdonalds fries (not the burger). Had some fries the other day...good, but not great. Not worth the calories at all.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Homemade macaroni and cheese... I want to eat it but I feel like 1/4 cup just won't do it! Predicament of predicaments.... I say go for a full serving of your favorite food and just do an extra half hour working out the next day. No need to give up the occasional yumminess... Now, the instant access I have to pizza (another favorite) is a completely different matter :blushing:
  • princesspurple
    Options
    sushi
    thai
    italian
    mexcan
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fried Steak covered in white gravy!!!!!!!!
    Can I ask you what is "white gravy"? I have been watching Man V Food and there is always something covered in white gravy and I have been dying to know what it is ,so you can now put me out of my misery lol
  • IceFaith
    IceFaith Posts: 81
    Options
    I don't avoid any of my fav foods. I just eat a smaller portion or have a taste of my bf's. Usually that is enough for me. I'm trying to change my life but not elimate anything. Why? Because I know that if I elimate the things that I do enjoy then I will fail. What I'm trying to succeed in is moderation. As long as I'm not eating burgers, pizza, lasagna, chocolate or cheesecakes every day, I feel that I'm doing good :)

Another fav of mine are cinnamon rolls. I started about 6 wks ago or so and I've had cinnamon rolls one day in that period of time. Pretty good I think :)
  • 6todds
    6todds Posts: 13
    Options
    The only white gravy that I know is country sausage gravy.
  • 6todds
    6todds Posts: 13
    Options
    I completely agree that you have to eat in moderation or else you will fail....and I don't limit what I can eat, just the portion size. My biggest thing is there are foods (like the lasagna) that used to be my favorite but now when I eat them they just are not worth the calories. I have to agree with the cheesecake (I make my own cheesecake and have been putting off making one for awhile)....and pizza. I used to go to a buffet with my mom for lunch every once in awhile but haven't done that recently.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can narrow it down to just one...

Mcdonalds burgers and fries and chicken nuggets(not all at one sitting lol)
    Burger king nuggets and fries
    Checkers burgers and milkshakes and we buy their fries from walmart and make them in our frier

lasangna
    spaghettie
    chicken alfredo
    steak from applebees
    dominos pizza
    And I'm probably too old for them, but spaghetti o's
    Peach pie
    Cupcakes

As I said, can't narrow it down to one...but nonetheless you can still eat what you want, just smaller portions. I have to remind myself that my stomach and heart are only the size of my fist, and I have small hands.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken and noodles!!! With REAL noodles...the homemade THICK kind. Fixed with real chicken stock, from REAL chicken...not that canned or fake stuff... butter, REAL salt and pepper.

Good grief, hubby is right, I am picky. lol
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I agree! My gramma makes these delicious homemade noodles with broth from the turkey at thanksgiving, they're so rich and creamy. Everyone loves them. I always steal a bowl and set it aside for leftovers before anyone else gets here.
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bananas & dates
  • ashland23
    ashland23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Homemade noodles all the way!