Chocolate cravings!!!!

Options
I've been trying to cut out candy and desserts from my diet but I've been suffering from chocolate cravings. Does anyone have any healthy substitutes for chocolate for me? Or any tips to help my cravings?

Replies

• mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I love chocolate so I'm not going to cut it out of my diet however the only chocolate I eat now is the Atkins Endulge bar and I cut them in half. It's only 68.5 cal and satisfies my chocolate cravings.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I usually eat those Fiber One brownies
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You could have a few squares of dark chocolate (>70% and low in sugar). You may not like it at first, I didn't really either, but once you get used to the lower sugar it's quite tasty.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I keep some Hershey kisses in the bottom of the fridge... I'm still getting chocolate, but at 22 calories each I can suck on 2-3 when I need a fix and not bust the budget.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not a non-fat option, but I keep the Russell Stover sugar free chocolates in the house for when I want something choclatey. They are really yummy- made with splenda, but you can hardly tell the difference. My favorite are the buttercream caramels. I have one and I am pretty satisfied.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If I feel like having chocolate, I do. Then I just add it to my calorie count. Easy.:smile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You could have a few squares of dark chocolate (>70% and low in sugar). You may not like it at first, I didn't really either, but once you get used to the lower sugar it's quite tasty.
    ^^ This! Satisfies my chocolate cravings, and fits into my goals. I like to dip it in peanut butter, or eat it with some raw almonds. Good stuff.
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate Hershey kisses
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I buy snack size bags of Cadbury buttons or magic stars. They're less than 75 calories and tend to satisfy my cravings. Or I buy a box of Chocolate Orange Segsations - they're 44 calories each and really really good. I've had my current box since Christmas. Chocolate mousses are also good - Aldi do 4 for 45p and they're like 97 calories.

Ax
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If I feel like having chocolate, I do. Then I just add it to my calorie count. Easy.:smile:

Same here.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups of chocolate milk every day, and often have Oikos nonfat chocolate Greek Yogurt. I've tried just about every fake chocolate ice cream out there, and this is the only one that tastes good to me.

I also try to work in an occasional Snickers egg or a couple of Oreos. Just work out a little longer than usual, and cut back a little on the fat/carbs somewhere else in your day.

There is never a good reason to deprive yourself of chocolate!
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    86% dark chocolate 100 calorie bar from trader joe's! straight up chocolate for that chocolate fix.
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    There's no avoiding chocolate.

Give in to it. In moderation.
  • kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    eat it.
  • chillyfrostjr
    Options
    Rice cakes, the chocolate ones of course, dont just eat them but suck on them.
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A friend on here gave me this recipe and it's amazing!!! Totally clean too!!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/07/16/chocolate-banana-soft-serve/
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

Same here.
    Ditto. I have one of those Trader Joe's 100-cal dark chocolate bars scheduled for a snack tonight, with a handful of nuts on the side. It's gonna be goooooood!
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow and weight watchers both make low calorie chocolate treats found in the candy isle. They are super delicious.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have a mug of hot chocolate EVERY night
    Hershey's Natural Unsweetened powder (dark), skim milk, 1 t. sugar. Wouldn't dream of giving it up.
  • Aprilbreon22
    Options
    Hey its probably harder to meet that goal if you try to stop eating chocolate all together but maybe gradually reducing chocolate intake will be helpful for you. Also there are healthy sources of chocolate as well such as the chocolate fiber bars. But if you try to stop all together the cravings may be to hard to fight. Good luck!