Hi Everyone!

Options
I posted in another section wanting support already but I just wanted to come here and tell everyone a bit about myself. My name is Sarah and I am 24 years old. Weight has always been a huge issue for me. I have let my weight at any given time define who I am and how happy I am. I am ready for a change! I am tired of the battling back and forth with weight loss and gain. I am ready to make this life change and not look back. I am currently 282.6 pounds and have lost 4 pounds. I have done all the "fad" diets in past and they always ended in success and then of course horrible failure in the long term. I was on Weight Watchers and dropped right around 70 pounds a few years ago and the only reason it worked for me is because of portion realization and LOTS of accountability. I just WONT exercise and eat the right things unless I know someone is going to find out if I don't. I think the biggest problem is after I lost that amount of weight I grew comfortable with where I was at especially after I met my boyfriend. No need to say the pounds flew back on little by little. The more I gained the more unhappy I grew. Now I stand here almost at the same weight I was before my weight loss and COMPLETELY miserable. I feel ugly and uncomfortable with myself and I can't breathe. I have no motivation to get out and walk like I used to because I can't breath due to asthma half the time and I just need to make a change because this has gotten way too out of hand. I refuse to be this unhappy and uncomfortable with myself at only 24 years old! Time to get back to living life and having fun! If you would like to join me then please add me. I am looking for daily posters! I need HIGH motivation! I will return the favor obviously :) thank you in advance everyone and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Replies

• SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey.
    I know it has been a long road. I started gaining weight when I was your age and I had two MISERABLE decades-- through my 30s and 40s and just getting things right now. When I look back on all the time I wasted, it makes me sad...but now I am doing what I can to make sure the next twenty years are much better!

Stay on this site and stay motivated! Stay enthused about the person you want to be on the outside...and keep the person on the inside excited.

Best wishes on your journey...you can do it!
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing!! About how many years I have wasted being miserable and missing out on LIVING. I really need this to work...so far so good:)

Welcome Sarah...good luck on your journey:)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Feel free to add me. We have a lot in common apparently and I'll be happy to support you and be here if you need to chat/ask for opinions. I'm Ginny, 25, and I'm on here an awful lot :)

Good luck xx
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    good luck on your jouney and we al here are here to support u
  • hairfix88
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the outpouring of support! I have gotten so many friend requests and I can not begin to tell you how much I appreciate them along with all of the sweet messages. I look forward to our Journey :)
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just WONT exercise and eat the right things unless I know someone is going to find out if I don't.

Good Luck, but this wont work either until you become accountable to yourself. This is a very personal journey that only works with discipline and honesty. Any other motivation and you WILL fail. The weight loss process always works better with a little soul searching at the start.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I log daily a few times a day usually and I also have an open food diary. I eat extremely healthy too. No fad diets here.
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi Feel free to add me, I am very active on MFP:)
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah

You can add me if you like, I have only been a member for a 4 or 5 days but I too am determined to make this change in my life.

I hope you achieve you goals and find the happiness you deserve

All the best!
  • hairfix88
    Options
    I just WONT exercise and eat the right things unless I know someone is going to find out if I don't.

Good Luck, but this wont work either until you become accountable to yourself. This is a very personal journey that only works with discipline and honesty. Any other motivation and you WILL fail. The weight loss process always works better with a little soul searching at the start.

I was referring to my personality and lack of self control which as a mentioned is a problem for me.... part of a life change is trying to become more accountable to yourself and sometimes being accountable to other people helps too. This is true not only for eating habits but other life situations as well. Never hurts to have a support system. Everyone has their strong points and their weak points.... thanks anyway!
  • hairfix88
    Options
    Hi Sarah

You can add me if you like, I have only been a member for a 4 or 5 days but I too am determined to make this change in my life.

I hope you achieve you goals and find the happiness you deserve

All the best!

Thank you! I will certainly add you :)
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log everyday.
  • angless21
    angless21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Am having a hard time losing weight. I been exercise allmost everyday. My daily calories bruned is around 200 calories. I think I need to try and brund at laest 300 calories everyday. Can someone help me?
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like! I'd be happy to help in any way that I can.
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    I love your words ~ refusing to continue to live in an unhappy/unhealthy way... the first step is to take charge of your life! :smile: You can do this... just take it a day at a time and you'll reach your goals.
  • ahende3
    ahende3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, the more support the better! I log everyday....this has taken the place of facebook in my life!