Mango Spinach Smoothie (meal replacement)

Options
Jeffrey_S
Jeffrey_S Posts: 50 Member
This is a recipe that I've been using to replace my lunches at work, and so far it's been really helping me keep within my calorie budget and making healthier choices for my meals. This recipe makes a pretty large quantity, but has less than 500 calories. I make it the night before work and put it in two cylindrical, Glad-type containers with twist-on lids (I think a quart each) and drink my lunch in two settings, one right around 10:00 and the other around 1:30. This holds me until dinner.

For this, you will need a blender that can handle leafy greens. I use a Vitamix, but I'm sure others will work just fine. I blend all the ingredients, adding enough water as I go to keep it at a drinkable consistency.

I actually located the basis for this online and have tweaked it a bit for my own liking. It's become my favorite meal replacement smoothie. Hope you enjoy.

1 mango
1 apple
2 bananas
2 celery stalks
1/2 pound spinach leaves (yes, a half pound)
2 tablespoons flax seed and/or wheat germ, as desired.
Filtered water as needed

Replies

• cak2011
    cak2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good. I'm all out of spinach but I have everything else. I'll give this one a try this week as soon as I make it to the grocery store! :)
  • Jeffrey_S
    Jeffrey_S Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hope you enjoy it. FYI, my grocery store was out of fresh spinach the other day and I tried substituting Romaine lettuce. It was OK, but not nearly as good as with fresh spinach. I also use large, Golden Delicious apples (skin on), but I imagine any variety would work just as well.