to my peanut butter lovers ;)

Options
I just found something amazing at target. Its called "Better'n Peanut Butter" its GMO free all natural no preservatives and best of all only 100 calories per serving!! ( Two tablespoons) It doesnt taste exactly like regular peanut butter, but it is just as delicious and satisfying!!xD

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    nothing will replace my jif...
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Is it a Target brand? We do not have a Target here. I LOVE peanut butter and miss it immensely. I have been eating natural peanut butter which is amazing, but still lots of calories, sugar and fat.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Lies. Nothing is better than peanut butter.

P.S. your username rocks. Scarlet Begonias is one of my favourite songs.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Is it a Target brand? We do not have a Target here. I LOVE peanut butter and miss it immensely. I have been eating natural peanut butter which is amazing, but still lots of calories, sugar and fat.

It's definitely not the same and a LOT dearer but have you tried PB2? - it's about £8ish on amazon - I don't usually do the reduced fat thing but peanut butter puts me way over on cals.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

It's definitely not the same and a LOT dearer but have you tried PB2? - it's about £8ish on amazon - I don't usually do the reduced fat thing but peanut butter puts me way over on cals.

Sorry, ignore that - I thought when you said 'over here' you meant UK.
  • hausisse
    hausisse Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm suspicious! It's still made of peanuts? What's the process to make it?
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    Well you are the PBPrincess. And I totally agree not better, but less calories so Im about it lol.

You're awesome for knowing the song.
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    I'm suspicious! It's still made of peanuts? What's the process to make it?
    here some info on it if you're suspicious http://www.vitacost.com/better-n-peanut-butter-original-creamy-16-oz
    its not made with refined sugars which helps with lower calories
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    nothing will replace my jif...

Amen. Especially extra crunchy. Mmmmmmmmmm.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I've tried that and pb2.
    I prefer pb2 haha
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The process to reduce the fat content seems fairly complicated:

Ingredients: PEANUTS (AS DEFATTED PEANUT FLOUR AND NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER), TAPIOCA SYRUP, PURE WATER, DEHYDRATED CANE JUICE, RICE SYRUP, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, SOY FLOUR, SALT, TAPIOCA STARCH, NATURAL FOOD FLAVORS, PAPRIKA & ANNATO, CALCIUM CARBONATE, LECITHIN, VITAMINS E & C (ANTIOXIDANTS).
    http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/nutrition.php

Lots of processing. I hear almond butter is really good for you though. You just have to be careful of serving size bc it's so dense in calories :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Yuck, I bought it at Trader Joes and tried it and then gave it to my kids to make bird feeders with.