Polar FT4 help!

Options
Hi! I treated myself to a Polar FT4 HRM for Christmas. I LOVED it! It was working great! Until the beginning of February when it started telling me that it could connect and to check transmitter. It would do this just every now and then on and off for a while. Then on Friday it wouldn't connect at all. So I figured it was the batteries. I changed both batteries and it still won't connect. I have made sure the electrodes are wet and I wear it tight fitting. Anyone else have a problem and what do I do to fix it?

Replies

• gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's probably faulty. Return it to the manufacturer or back to the shop you bought it from.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you put the strap in the washer weekly? I've heard that can be an issue if you're not doing it.
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've had the exact same problem! After changing the batteries and still not having any luck, I started taking mild soap with a dab of water and cleaning the electrode part of the strap...then rinsing it well under the tap water making sure to get it wet on both sides right before putting it on. That has been the fix for me thus far!
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You do need to wash the Polar straps regularly. Especially if you sweat a lot. I rinse mine in water after every use, and try to wash with soap at least once a week. I also make sure to rinse is very well if I wear it in the pool to get all the chemicals off.

Any time I have had an issue with my Polar HRM connecting or misreading a good wash as fixed it.
  • JPG1313
    JPG1313 Posts: 59
    Options
    Had the same problem, go to the polar website and chat with them. I had a new transmitter sent and at my house in 3 days. No more problems.