Doing Turbo Fire and not seeing any results. Help!

Options
Hi,

I have just completed my 2nd week of Turbo Fire and being strict about counting my calories. I lost 1/2 lb, and my clothes are not fitting any differently. I have been really pushing myself, not slacking at all. I also walk my dog for half hour to an hour per day, but I don't typically log that unless we go for a really long (2 hours or something) walk.

I limit drinking and dessert to one day per week. Without working out, MFP recommended that I eat 1,350 calories. Most days with Turbo Fire I burn 350-400 calories, and I have been "eating" those extra calories by adding greek yogurt and fruit as snacks. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong and am getting frustrated at seeing the "0 lbs lost" every time I log on here. I'm a lady, in my early 30's, 5'10 and weigh the most I ever have in my life: 196.6 lbs.

I'm not sure what to change, I thought I was doing everything I could. Any advice?

Replies

• currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing play and get plenty of rest. Don't give up!
  • KGamelin116
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your struggles! You can do it, just give it more time and keep up the program. I'll be starting Turbo Fire soon (once it comes in the mail) so you're not alone!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is not very long. Be patient.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It's two weeks....have patience and keep on going...
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    it takes more than 2wks to see anything; more like 6-8wks to see significant results. be patient.
  • pb_banana
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I can't imagine that calorie counting and working out like crazy will really not yield any results, but it would be so encouraging to see the scale moving at least a little! I'm trying to do this the "right" way this time. A few years ago I did the South Beach Diet, and didn't work out at all. The weight melted off so fast (like 5-6 lbs a week), but of course, after going out of town for one weekend and not paying a lot of attention to what I ate the weight came right back.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Give it time! I suggest putting the scale away for a little while. I am starting week 5 of Insanity tonight and I can tell you it's a sweat fest doing those workouts! It took about 3 1/2 weeks for my scale to move at all and it isn't moving fast. I'm not letting it get to me because I know there have been changes in my body, I am starting to see the difference in how my cloths fit. It just takes time. Hide the scale for a couple weeks, you'll be happier for it!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I heard some people don't see results until a month, and then all of a sudden they lose weight. Or maybe your body needs more calories to lose weight. I've been noticing that with my body. I have been losing more by eating more.
  • pb_banana
    Options
    Have you looked at the TurboFire book? They want you to eat soo many calories. I feel like if I don't watch it for 1 day I will put on a few pounds. I've found that my 30's are sooo different than my 20's for weight loss!
  • angeedee
    angeedee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 12th week - Day 1 today (rest day). I have only lost 2 lbs total. The first 3-4 weeks I wasn't eating enough calories. I lost the 2 lbs once I upped my calories. I will weigh in again at the end of this week, but I don't expect much. I have lost over 11 inches though - most of them in my belly and bust. I'm much happier with the way I look. I find it best to take pictures and to measure!

Most of all - I can do so much more with the videos than I could in the beginning - and this wasn't my first major workout program. Debating on trying Insanity next......
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Have you taken any measurements yet? Two weeks is not a lot of time. You also may not be eating enough.
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I too noticed that I didn't lose any weight with Turbofire until I upped my calories. VERY hard for me to do. I finally trusted what everyone said and went from eating about 1200-1300 calories a day to 1800-2200. Only then did I lose 20 lbs in 12 weeks to get down to my ideal weight of 115. And I am short (5'3") so that is a lot of calories for someone my size.

If you are working hard and not eating enough, your body is going to hold onto fat. If you can reassure it that it has a steady supply of good food coming in, it will let go of that fat. That was my experience anyway.

Good luck!
  • gemini53181
    Options
    I am in my first week of Turbo Fire. I think you should keep at it. I am 31 and realize losing weight at this age is not as easy as it was in my twenties. I will send you a friend request since we are doing the same program. We can encourage each other to continue pressing play.
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree with everyone else here...keep going!! I've been doing TF for a long time now and when I first started, I stuck with the meal plan! It does seem like a lot of food, but the more you go into this program, the harder and longer those workouts become. It is true when they say your body needs fuel to get through these workouts. If not, your body will start to fatigue much quicker and it will become harder to push through the workouts as they become longer and more difficult. With that said, everybody is different! You will find out along the way what works best for you individually. Also, I agree with the others who have said put away the scale, maybe step on it once a month. What I love about TF is the inches you lose! You should feel it in your clothes first. Another reason to put away the scale is because in a few weeks, they begin incorporating the toning and sculpting aspect into the workouts. They may cause you to gain scale weight because you are gaining muscle...not fat!! You will not become bulky because the workouts are not designed to make you bulky...just toned and trim! As far as eating goes, I will say that I was around 180lbs when I first started TF and I did stay at 1200 to 1300 calories a day and the inches came off fairly quickly. When I felt like I needed more, I made sure to eat more, especially protein!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is not very long. Be patient.

/end thread
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I started Week 13 of Turbo Fire this week and though I haven't lost much on the scale (maybe like 3 pounds), I have dropped 2 pants sizes. I dropped the first pants size right around week 5. Turbo Fire is not just straight cardio to make you lose weight, it's actually buidling muscle and seems to be reshaping my body. My arms are more defined and I'm actually starting to see some abs forming. So, hang in there. Like everyone else said, two weeks really isn't enough time to guage your weight loss. Check your measurements at the beginning of week 5 and I'll be you'll see your difference there.

Stay encouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • pb_banana
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll try the measurements and maybe increasing my calories a little. It will be hard since I am coming from a place of having a glass of wine just about every day and going nuts with unhealthy snacks, so maybe I'll start with the zig zag approach. More calories one day, less the next. Also, I don't have a heart rate monitor, but found this website to calculate the Turbo Fire calorie burn:

http://www.calorie-blog.com/2012/01/how-many-calories-do-you-burn-doing_17.html

Does this seem pretty accurate to everyone?
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have a Bodybugg/BodyMedia and those numbers sound pretty accurate. I will say that those higher calorie burns apply mainly to the longer cardio workouts. The HIIT workouts will not produce that big of a burn right away if you are looking for a high number right when you finish. So, if you are using a HRM or other monitor, do not be disappointed if on those days you end the workout showing 200-300 calories burned. Those workouts continue to burn calories all day, which is why I love them!! With the other workouts - the longer the workout, the higher calorie burn you should yield, anywhere from 400-600 is about what I burn depending on the workout I'm doing. For instance, my highest calorie burn is with Fire 60, but Fire 60 is the longest cardio workout in the program, it also contains 4 HIITs in the workout itself, my number was 625 as of a few days ago when I last did that work out. All the others are easily in the 450-600 range. TF is a calorie killer, for sure!!