New at this, Need to lose 50lbs the RIGHT way.

Options
Hi! My name is Andrea. I am a military veteran (Navy) and ever since I have been out, the weight has slowly crept on me thanks to my desk job (I sit ALL day) and unhealthy eating habits. I have gained 60 pounds in less than three years. That's A LOT. My boyfriend has the type of metabolism that allows him to eat whatever he wants and not gain weight, and I just go right along with him, and now I am suffering the consequences of my bad decisions. I want to change that. I recently saw some photos of myself that were a major wake-up call. I had no idea how big I really was. I avoid mirrors and cameras, but during a recent vacation, I couldn't hide. I was humiliated.

My family has a serious history of heart attacks, strokes and diabetes, so its more than just a cosmetic thing, although, to be honest,m the cosmetic results are the most motivating factor. I've never really had to diet before. I've been slim most of my life, so I never had a concept of living a healthy life. I never had to, but now that I'm in my thirties, my metabolism has hit rock bottom, ha!

Anyway, long story short, after tons of failed fad diets, I want to do this the right way, and I need all the support I can get. Its gonna be tough, but I'm really going to try this time! Thanks for listening. :)

Replies

• pinky68abc
    Options
    Just by being here you are starting out on the right foot. The app really rocks...I didnt think I could do it, but its slowly coming off. Feel free to add me!
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on taking the first step in making the decision for a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would be more than willing to help provide you with support and motivation! Did you have a particular fitness plan in mind? If I can help you in any capacity let me know. Take care and have a great evening.
    Lisa
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you have come to the right place, logging your food intake helps you realize exactly how much your eating, I really believe it is one of the main ingredients to success. Having friends on MFP also inspires me to stick with it, when I start to think it's too hard to eat right. I wish you the best success and feel free to add me, I need all the inspiration I can get too!!!!!!!